Chapter Twenty-Three - O'Neill Corporation

Ana POV -

A week has passed since James got discharged from the hospital. I looked after him the whole week he had off. Liam helped me here and there and Grace would visit and help out whenever she could, but being that she is a nurse, her job didn't allow her to help us out as much as she intended to.

We all keep on telling her that it is okay, that her job is... really... more important than us. She has to look after a dozen patients, so it is completely understandable.

The doctor advised James to rest and take the week off until he feels better, as he said, a week will do him no harm whatsoever.

I have been strictly following what the doctor has said, while for James... I couldn't say the same. He kept on saying how he is better, even though I believed him, I didn't want something to happen to him. I didn't want him to injure himself, so I'd force him to not do as much physical activity. Instead of running, we would walk, I forced him to take it back a notch.

But along with the physical activities, the doctor advised us to keep our sexual activity down to a minimum until James gets better. Meaning that a whole week as passed and he didn't even look at my cleavage, let alone my naked body.

Today is Monday, the beginning of a new week, James is off to work while I am at home, his home. Alone.

For the week he had off, we had a few serious conversations based on everything he was hiding from me. If I am going to be a part of his life, I need to know him and by the end of each conversation we had, it turned out I didn't know nearly as many things as he knew about me. We have talked about what he hid from me, but I didn't have enough strength to open up about the one thing I hid away from him. Me cheating on his with his brother...

I can't tell him... I can't bear the consequences that are to arise if I told him. I decided to keep that one secret away from him, to protect him, to protect us.

This is all getting more and more complicated. Once I was begging for steamy, dramatic moments in my life. Now I am begging for everything to calm down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now, it is 12:25 PM, I am getting myself ready to go to James as he invited me for something, he said it is a surprise. To be completely honest, I am more so scared than excited for this surprise of his, I feel like something bad is going to happen.

I curled my hair, got some nice clothes on me and now I am just touching up on my make up, adding on a bit of lipstick, a bit more eyeliner here and there. To give that final touch, I spray on some sweet perfume, James's favourite.

Before heading to his office, I must get some coffee, he emphasised 'must', meaning something is not going his way today. Or it's just the lack of sex.

I don't ask him what happened, I don't want to be nosey, so I just do what I was asked to do. Coffee.

Since I don't have a car, I call a cab and within minutes it arrives.

I take the passenger seat beside the driver.

"Where to, miss?" I see a young man sitting behind the wheel of the cab. He has his eyes on me for a prolonged time, either waiting for me to answer or just liking what he sees.

"Umm... Euromania Industries, Inc..." I say, hoping it is the name of the building.

"O'Neill Corporations, you mean?" The young driver corrects me.

"... Yes, yes that is it. Sorry.".

"No problem, Miss... Just make sure to fasten your seatbelt.".