one

June

"Okay, repeat what I said."

Hannah sighed, "I'm Hannah Mikaelson. Daughter of Hayley Marshall and Klaus Mikaelson. Only tribrid in existence."

Hannah was with Josie, trying to recover more of her memories, she accidentally erased. After the incident, everyone had tried their best to help the Mikaelson recover. So far, she couldn't remember what had happened the year before, which included Josie being her girlfriend.

"I don't know why I'm even trying." Hannah sighed, Josie buried her face in her hands. "Jo, I told you, if I erased my memory there could be a reason. I wouldn't be stupid enough to do it accidentally. But I am stupid enough to do spell wrong and make it backfire, like literally."

Josie groaned, it was frustrating enough that her girlfriend couldn't even remember they were dating but not even trying to remember made Josie lose her mind.

"I'm sorry, Jo. But I don't wanna remember."

Those words made Josie'sheart break. "Why?"

"I erased my memory for a reason. I didn't want to remember something. It's best that I don't." Hannah replied as she stood up.

"But don't you wanna find out what it was?" Hannah shook her head at the brunette, "There's a reason I erased them, sorry, Jo, I don't wanna find out what that reason was."

Hannah walked to the door of the twins room. She look back at Josie with sorry eyes. "Sorry." She said before she left Josie alone with her thoughts.

Josie was beyond frustrated. "I just want my girlfriend back, Liz." Josie told her sister on the phone. "And you will. Just give her some time."

Josie groaned, "I already have, Lizzie."

"Dad said it would take time for someone to remember after accidentally doing a forgetting spell wrong, Jo." Lizzie reminded. "They may even-"

"Forget the memory all together, I know." Josie repeated. She fell back on her bed, even more frustrated.

She didn't know what had gotten to Hannah to want to forget anything. Everything was going well. She was just worried about Hannah.

"I can't keep acting like I'm just her friend." Josie complained. She was getting tired of acting like Hannah's friend when she knew they were more than friends. But Hannah didn't know that.

"It's just the effects of the spell, Jo."

Josie sighed, knowing Lizzie was right. "It's just heartbreaking, Lizzie. She doesn't even know how her parents died. She doesn't remember a lot of things."

From the other side of the phone, Lizzie sighed. She was worried about her sister and it was obvious in her voice. "I miss her, Liz."

"Don't worry. Hannah will come back. For now just keep yourself occupied with something else, okay?" Josie sighed, knowing Lizzie was right. There was no point in forcing Hannah to do something she didn't want to do.

July

"Hannah, please." Josie begged from her seat. After her talk with the blonde twin, Josie left Hannah alone for a while, but that didn't last long.

Josie had to admit Hannah seemed happier than she'd ever been since her parent's deaths, which, she still doesn't remember.

"Han," Josie groaned. Like the month before, Josie tried to help the young tribrid remember but Hannah wasn't that much interested.

"Jo, I don't want to remember. I don't want, too. Okay? You have to accept that." Hannah replied, looking at Josie, who was almost on the verge of tears.

Hannah sighed and knelt down in front of the brunette, cupping her face in her hands, "Jos, I'm sorry, okay? It's just that if I did erased my memories, I probably experienced something bad, painful. Something I'd really want to forget."

Josie looked up at the Mikaelson, "I just want the old you back."

Hannah frowned sadly, "I'm sorry."

The brunette twins shook her head in defeat, "Okay, I won't force you to remember. It's your choice."

Hannah smiled sadly. "Thank you." She hugged the brunette twin tightly, which Josie returned.

August

"Oh my fucking God, you and bird boy kissed!" Hannah squealed, slightly hurt but she shrugged it away. Unlike last month Josie stopped trying to get Hannah to remember.

Hannah was kinds thankful, but the fact that Landon was dating her bestfriend made her blood boil slightly, she tried burying those feeling down but there were times where her feelings were just to strong.

"What do you think?" Josie asked Hannah nervously. Josie was guilty, she was cheating on her girlfriend. But Hannah didn't know that. Which made the situation worse but it was better than waiting alone.

Josie hat to admit, the thing with Landon just happened and they just kissed but she really couldn't help but feel guilty and ashamed.

"I think it's cute."

Josie turned to Hannah in surprise, "Cute?"

"Yeah, cute." Hannah nodded, clutching on to her books tightly, which Josie took as a sign of jealousy. She didn't was things to go far with Landon, after the two kissed she immediately regretted it.

"No, I told you. I don't like him." Josie denied.

Hannah shook her head, "If you say so." As if teasing the brunette twin.

"So how's Lizzie?" Hannah asked, changing the subject. The two turned the corner, "She's doing better. Focusing more on herself. And her mental health, of course."

Hannah hummed, she was glad Lizzie was doing better. "Good for her."

"You should do the same, Han." Josie commented. Hannah groaned. She did keep to herself and that probably won't change even if part of her personality did.

"You know I don't do well with shrinks right?" Hannah reminded. Hannah had a bad experience with Emma years earlier and because of that she refuses to see shrinks.

Not that Emma did something terrible, Hannah just didn't like talking much about herself and making an effort to fix her damage. She was afraid everyone around her might leave her because she was different. Dangerous. Even now that her mind is a complete slate, it's still something the young tribrid worries about.

"At least talk to me?" Josie suggested nicely.

"I think I'll pass." Hannah smiled. "See you later, Jo."

Josie watched as Hannah went to her room and waved goodbye, "Yeah, see you later."

• a/n •

okay, i am cringing at my own work. like, that's how crappy of a writer i am, haha. okay, so a little review: hannah has an amnesia because she did a spell wrong, she was angry and sad and had no whatsoever control of her emotions at the time and because of that the spell went wrong and backfired, like, literally. anyway, hope you like this part so far. i know, it's cringey.

-dhara