Prologue

I have never been good at telling stories. I've always been that weird girl that no one cared about. I never thought people would want to hear my story. I was wrong. I have been about many things.

            My name is Anne Moore. I am a professional flutist. I went to a university for this. It is my job to play my instrument. I would have it no other way.

           A long time ago, I joined Harrison Junior High Band and started playing my flute. I was a natural. Ms. Johnson couldn't have been more proud. She loved me. She was also my crush, and made me realize that I was super gay.

             Fast forward, I'm a freshman in high school. Band is going smooth, but my family isn't. All my parents ever did was argue. My mom was having an affair with our neighbor, and my dad found out. Not fun.

            At the end of the school year, I'm in a new school, and I live with my dad. It was a pile of garbage. Especially the band. Assholes and narcissists, I tell you.

           But I did meet the love of my life in band; Casey Davis, a trombonist. When I was put down, she picked me up.

         Listen, I don't want to bore you with the classic "I was bullied but my crush saved me" because that is not what this is.

         This story is about my life, not just my love. Sure, she is the biggest part of it, but she is my life. I just hope you understand my story.