Discovery

The task was simple. I was to collect an artifact for the Emperor and return to the Death Star to await the arrival of the rogue Jedi Skywalker. As I jumped out of hyperspace, I found myself in a field of debris over the forest moon of Endor. A wall of shrapnel and metal brutally battered the cockpit of my TIE. Whole rooms, walls, and other industrial materials tore through the crimson exterior of my starfighter. Out of options and low on life-support, I turned towards the green planet's atmosphere and began my descent. Perhaps these were the remains of the petty Rebel fleet? The last remnants of those insufferable terrorists, finally extinguished by the cloak of the Empire wrapping the galaxy in safety.
As my TIE fighter touched down, I hailed my commanding officer. "Sir, have we moved the Death Star? Has the Alliance fleet been destroyed?" I asked, hopefully. There was no response though. The debris field mixed with radio silence left for an uncomfortable quiet in the cockpit. All around, I could hear sounds of the forest coming to life around me. A terrible feeling overcame me as I reached for my emergency comm-link. Could the Rebels have succeeded? I attempted to raise the Emperor himself. "My lord?" Again, silence. "My lord, this is Titus Pasnik. Am I reaching you?" The rustling in the trees grew louder behind me.
Unable to reach allies, I grabbed my force pike, my side arm, and opened the hatch of my TIE. As I pulled myself out and onto the ground, the booming steps of an AT-AT came rustling through the trees. It seemed strange for an Imperial patrol to be surveying the area after the destruction of the Rebel fleet, surely the Emperor would have called for all troops to evacuate onto the Death Star. I quickly hid myself from view as the hulking machine cut through the trees and into the clearing where my TIE sat, smoking and damaged. A small patrol surrounded the craft, there were maybe eight of them, but they were unmistakably Rebels. "Something had gone incredibly amiss." I thought to myself. I could have taken them out if they were alone, but I wouldn't last long against the undivided power of a stolen AT-AT. Just as I began considering my options, the canons of the colossal beast lit up my starfighter and demolished what was left of it. I was stuck on a planet of primitive life forms, unforgiving wilderness, and worst of all, terrorists responsible for the destruction of order in the galaxy.