Chapter 1

It was like he was floating in a dark almost blacker than black void without a care in the world and not a clue or thought about how he got there.  Suddenly he heard sounds.  No not sounds voices.  People screaming and yelling in fear and pain, but he couldn't see anyone around him.  He thought to help but he couldn't, or he didn't want to; he couldn't tell.  Then he realized that those noises were not only voices but loud bangs.  

"Gunshots maybe", he thought.  

This went on for a long time then it eventually ended.  Then he was left with nothing but the sound of his own thoughts.  But suddenly he heard something.  Footsteps and quiet voices.  

"Look at him.  'Wander who done 'em in.  'Wonder if he got anything.", the man's voice was a thick Scottish accent.

Another voice joined in with the same accent, "Look at 'is face!  This little fish looks loik he just had 'is cherry popped." 

They had begun to dig through his pockets.  He could feel them digging through his pockets.  They pulled something out.

"I wonder why 'ees done in.  This is better than all uh our pistols.", one of them said.

"What is it?", the other one asked.

 "oim not sure, but it is high quality and power."

"Let's test it out."

They aimed and fired.

Suddenly he awoke and realized he was in a destroyed building.  He saw the two men but didn't know who they were but he knew they would kill him if they saw him, but the only way out was in front of them.  He realized that there was a knife in his pocket which he grasped and opened.  By this time they were out of ammo, he was still on the ground.  They turned to him.  Swiftly he closed his eyes.  

"Let's see if 'ee got any more.", the one with the gun said.  The man started to dig through his pockets.  

He stabbed the man with the gun in the neck grabbed the other pistol the man had holstered and shot the other.  

After searching the bodies he found a bag that apparently was right next to him while he was... was... he couldn't remember what he was doing, nor who he was, or how he got there, even where there was.  Nonetheless in the bag were three fifteen-round clips for the gun.  He loaded the gun with ease which surprised him because he doesn't remember this gun at all, yet his handheld it with a firm comfortable grip as if he had held it a thousand times before.

On the body of one of the men, there was a paper that spoke of a settlement called Haven.  This intrigued him and packed up everything not nailed down in the bag around him and set off into the abandoned island city of Defiance.