1 | A Chance of Hope (Ray Ray)

If you guys haven't read "Author's Note" yet, I suggest you do.

*

"It's.. negative.." A tear trickled down your now heated cheeks as you stared at the pregnancy test with disgust. You felt Ray, your husband, grip onto your slim waist as his cheek rested opon your tense shoulders. He wasn't bawling like you were, but you could tell by his utter silence that he was as highly upset.

"Shh.." He cooed in your ear, in hopes that your loud whimpers of disappointment would stop. "We can always try again." 

"We've been trying for three years now, Ray!" You exclaimed, forcefully releasing yourself off of his grip. You didn't mean to sound insane, but from disappointment after disappointment, you were starting to think there wouldn't be little you and Ray look-a-likes running around the house anymore.

The thought of that provoked you. It had always been your dream to prolong the generation, but it was becoming clear that it will only just "be a dream". You clenched onto your stomach, dropping the failed pregnancy test on the granite floor, shattering it in the process. As you were on your knees in misery, you knew that this event turned you into a complete living mess.

Ray stooped to your level; you could see beads of saline from his dense eyes falling to the ground. "We don't need miniatures of us to be a happy family, Y/N." He whispered, loud enough for you to hear over your loud whimpers.

You looked up. Ray's face was entirely red, and newly-formed tears were already starting to travel alongside his cheeks. Based from experience, you knew that him seeing you like this -- bawling, in completely misery -- every time both of you received a negative result shattered his heart, mainly because he knew that there was nothing he could do. You didn't know, but Ray felt that seeing you dejected was as worst as the dismal news itself.

You remained silent. You wanted little kids. You wanted to raise them. You wanted to see them happily in love. You wanted to see them getting married. You wanted to see your future grandchildren. But the thing was you couldn't

Ray had snapped his fingers. The sudden sound frightened you, making yourself tremble in the process.

Eagerly, he stood up, walking towards the baby bag you had pre-packed years ago. "Y/N, get up! Come on!" 

"Where are we going?" Your eyebrows raised in confusion, hesitantly standing up.

"Just because we can't make kids, doesn't mean we can't have kids." He smiled, reaching for the BMW car keys placed by the loaf of wheat bread, his usual spot to place his keys.

Ray grabbed your hand forcefully and led you out the door. The smile on his face was from ear-to-ear, but you couldn't make sense to what he was actually implying.

"Ray! Stop it! I'm still in my jammies! " You released yourself from his grip. "What are you talking about?"

He turned around, staring deeply into your eyes. With his beaming smile, you could tell that whatever he was thinking of would change our lives forever.

"We're going to the adoption center!"