2 | Drinks and Mingles (Roc Royal)

Personal imagine for Chelsey! Check her out! She's an amazing writer!

*

It was that time again. It was the time you and your boyfriend were in the “I’m right, you’re wrong” stage. Your relationship with Craig has always been the type to go on-and-off as if it were a priority, but by how angry both your voices were, you weren’t so sure if you would get back together like the other times. 

You sat down on the top stool, infuriated with the argument. It was stupid too; the argument was about you being late to his family's gathering. 

He should understand that I have to maintain my damn priorities, and that’s excluding him, you thought vigorously in your head, cursing his name from here to there. You had to work double shift that night and you weren’t risking your only job just for something you could simply reschedule. 

You felt someone tap your palm lightly. A husky voice interrupted your train of thought. “Aye, you alright?” 

From the sudden touch, you flinched while bringing your brown orbs upwards. Who had broken your  infuriated notions was the bartender -- who looked about the same age as you -- checking up on your lost self, with concerning eyes and a bottom lip half-nibbled.

Sighing heavily, you nodded your head. “Just give me something heavy to drink. In fact, give me your heaviest drink on the menu.” 

You weren’t the type of girl who drank occasionally; every time you’d attend a party, you’d always reject drinking the ceremonial wine. But at this time, you were up for anything that would release the anxiety from your hardworking head.

The bartender smirked. “You sure you can handle that? You look pretty petite if you ask me.”

Your jaw dropped wide open. Was he insulting you? 

“Excuse you?" You half-exclaimed, feeling a bit appauled at his reply. "You don’t think I can take a couple shots?”

He pretended to think. “Nah. Don’t take it personal, though. I like my girls tight if you know what I mean.” 

He winked at you.You could feel your cheeks turn from a mocha-complexion to the shade of a riped-felt apple. You hadn't received those corny, sexual compliments since a few years ago; since Craig was more of the romantic, cuddling type. Even though it sounded a little "piggish", it was a relief knowing you still attracted and aroused other men just by your physical appearance.

The bartender noticed your reaction, as his smirk grew even wider. “What’s your name, shorty?”

“Chelsey.”  You replied, smiling proudly. That’s when you realized how handsome the bartender really was. He had a short cut, but his small curls were still noted. His complexion was pure perfection for your liking -- he had the most flawless caramel colored skin, and his eyebrows were shaped with a nice curve at the tip. His eyes were dark brown; and even though the club was pretty dark, they still managed to sparkle. The uniform he was wearing was no match for his huge muscles, as they were already bulging out, making it evident that he was a gym rat. It didn't bother you the least, though, because gym rats were the only type of rats that you exempted.

“Your’s?” You coily said, flashing a flirtatious smirk.

“Roc.” The bartender grinned, showing off his pearly whites. You could feel your heart bursting by how attractive this man was.

“That’s a weird name,” you giggled. “Why that nickname?”  

Roc bit his lip. “Well, for one thing,” he spoke at a slow pace, tempting you to know more. He lightly caressed your cheek. “I can make ya bed roc.”

Your jaw had dropped, but you managed to catch yourself before it sunk all the way down. Roc still noticed, though, considering that he laughed firmly at your reaction. At the sound, your cheeks flushed yet again. This boy was having you tied, and it was only a mere three minutes.

“Well,” you licked your lipstick-stained lips. “How about you prove how hard you go?”

That’s when a loud car horn honked outside the window. Both you and Roc looked in that direction, only to find a slim, thick-haired twenty-year-old in a red Ferrari waving with ease at Roc.

“Can’t, sorry baby.” Your eyes darted towards him, as his signature smirk seemed to still be plastered on his face. He took off his apron, placed it under the tables, and grabbed his belongings. “My ride’s outside.”

“Wait, that’s your girl?!”  

“For five years. But hold ya self, I’ll be getting back to you in no time” He clicked his tongue, winking at you for the last time. So he was swerving you?

As Roc headed towards the exit, you called his name. He looked back. “What about my drink though?” 

Roc smirked. “If you can’t handle it, then don’t get with it.”