Finale - Healing

Here we go, the "Official" ending. I will still eventually put out "Finale: Heartbreak" as an alternate version for those that wanted her to move on, as well as a small epilogue later on (will be nice and smutty and set in the future). For now, though, this is the end. It has been a very long journey with this fic as life often got in the way, and I thank (most of you) for being patient with me. I hope you learned a few things along the way. Each and every one of you is important and precious, never let anyone make you feel like you are a second choice or inferior. All relationships are complicated and communication is key no matter your dynamic. But especially so in polyamorous relationships. If anyone ever makes you feel like "the other" or "the third," talk to them. If they won't listen, leave. Your worth is not based on other people. You are worthy all on your own. Also, the weekly plan that my character follows is a real system that works. It was given to me by my counselor who I thought was a nut herself at the time, but it worked so well. I'm still working through a lot of stuff myself, but this weekly routine saved my life. 

*

It had only been a few months so far, but it felt like a lifetime.

Seokjin and Namjoon had tried to talk you into staying with them, but you'd decided it would make you feel too guilty to rely on them like that and invade their space. Instead, you were now renting your own apartment. It came furnished and the lease was month to month so you could leave at any time. It felt nice though, having your own space, even if it didn't allow pets. Especially once you'd been able to reduce Jin's visits to no more than three times a week.

Taehyung and Jungkook, friends of all of yours and signed to the company you worked for as idols, finally came back into town a few weeks after "the incident" while you were still staying with Jin. You'd forgotten they were due back and only discovered they were here when Yoongi and Jimin both showed up with black eyes and bruised cheeks. You had assumed they came from Jungkook - who had always looked up to you like an older sister - but you were pleasantly surprised to learn they had been inflicted by his boyfriend Taehyung instead. He had proudly admitted it during lunch one day while demanding a turn at petting your hair, and you wondered if he too saw you as a sister or a pet. Either way, you were touched that he thought enough of you to try to "defend your honor."

Still, it wasn't like you never saw Yoongi and Jimin. You still had to work with them, obviously. Jimin worked on the other side of the building, but he had taken to eating his lunch with you, and you were usually joined by Namjoon and Jin so you didn't feel too pressured. There was still the looming cloud of 'someday' that scared you, but without being forced to pretend to be and feel a certain way every day you were able to look at him in a new light.

The Jimin that you saw now was one that you had caught glimpses of before. He was sweet and kind, but quick-witted and prone to just enough wicked humor to make him interesting. Unfortunately for you, he seemed to also be a natural flirt and making you flustered was as easy as breathing for him. After a couple weeks, you finally started to flirt back and the results were incredible. He would blush and act so shy that he would practically duck under the table. Seemed he could dish it out but couldn't take it. Honestly, you were beginning to really look forward to your time with him every day.

With Yoongi, it was naturally a little harder. Your first day back to work had gone a long way towards smoothing things over a little. Yoongi had actually dropped to his knees and bowed along with his apology. He apologized for the way he'd spoken to you that day, as well as for dragging you down into the mess that your relationship had become. The two of you had cried together and hugged, and he promised to go to counseling as well when you mentioned you had signed up to see someone. Anything, he promised.

"I've been horrible and selfish, but not once did I ever stop loving you. I think I'll love you until the day I die. I'm going to work hard to deserve even the scrap of affection you might still have for me. If you decide that you want to move on, that's fine. Whatever makes you happy. But know that I'll always be here loving you and you can come to me for anything at all."