Chapter 4

His office emanates an atmosphere of efficiency, innovation, and comfort. The exterior boasts a blend of glass, steel, and concrete, creating a sleek and contemporary façade. Large, energy-efficient windows allow natural light to flood the interior, promoting a sense of openness and warmth. His desk was made of what looked like polished marble or wood and the walls are adorned with tasteful, nature-themed artwork, which made me feel at peace just by looking at them. Stethoscopes, symbols of medical expertise, hang neatly on hooks, easily accessible for examinations. I looked to the navy blue couch to see Indila cocooned in a soft blanket, peacefully asleep on the plush chair. Her presence adding a touch of innocence and warmth.

I walk in, the door gliding shut behind me. With purpose, I stride toward his desk, the polished surface reflecting the determined glint in my eyes. In my hands, I carry a picnic basket, its woven exterior hinting at the delightful treasures nestled inside. With a confident yet inviting smile, I place the basket gently on his desk, the subtle clinking of cutlery and the aroma of freshly baked bread and the deeply savory scent of onions, slow-cooked beef, and red wine escaping from within.

His eyes, initially filled with the weariness of a long day's work, light up with curiosity and surprise. "What's all this?" he wrote, his expression a blend of intrigue and amusement.

"It's our lunch date, have you forgotten?," I reply, my own excitement matching the sparkle in his eyes. "And I think we could use a break, a moment to unwind from the chaos of the day. A small picnic, right here, right now."

He chuckles, charmed by the spontaneity of the gesture. "You never cease to amaze me," he wrote, his eyes softened by genuine affection. 

With careful hands, he starts unpacking the contents of the basket. An array of delicacies being a crusty baguette, a selection of artisan cheeses, vibrant fruits, and a bottle of rich, velvety wine, 2 pouches of orange juice, 2 bowls filled with Beef Bourguignon, one big bowl of rice, a bowl of potato dauphinoise and three tiny cups of chocolate soufflé and flamiche.  

As the delightful aroma of the food permeates the air, Indila stirs in her sleep, her hair tousled from moving around. Her eyes flutter open, wide with curiosity and hunger. The tantalizing scent rousing her from her dreams, replacing them with the promise of something wonderful.

With a yawn and a stretch, she sits up, rubbing her eyes in the dim light of the office. Her gaze lands on me, her face breaking into a radiant smile. "Camille!" she exclaims, her voice tinged with excitement. "Is this a surprise picnic?"

I nod, my lips curving into a tender smile. "Oui, Indila," I reach out to gently tousle her hair. "This is our surprise picnic. Would you like to join us?"

The little girl's eyes light up, her enthusiasm contagious. "Absolutely!" she exclaims, her joy palpable.  She scrambles onto a chair, her tiny feet barely touching the ground. I share a knowing glance with Jacob, recognizing the warmth of the moment. Together, the three of us indulge in the feast before us, laughter and chatter filling the room. With Indila regaling us with tales of her life and her day in between bites of cheese and fruit.   

 "I need to use the bathroom!" Indila exclaimed as she dashes off, her steps echoing down the hallway. To the bathroom. I packed the bowls and wiped the tables wooden surface.  As I was about to get up, hands wrapped around my waist and pulling me into an embrace. our eyes meet as Jacob turns me around to face him, a silent understanding passing between us. I raise my hand to brush against Jacob's cheek, feeling the prickly sensation of his stubble. We communicate with our eyes, soft with affection, assuring him that he is understood without the need for words. Jacob, in return, offers a small, appreciative smile, his gaze lingering on my face, more specifically my lips. He bends his head downwards, capturing my lips in a sweet kiss. His hand cupping my waist as he explores my mouth thoroughly. The remanents of the bitter taste of chocolate soufflé adding flavour to the kiss. I pull back, needing to catch my breath before the kiss went too far.

 I turn to see Indila at the entrance of the office, her expression a mix of surprise and excitement. Her eyes met her father's, and in that moment, a world of unspoken emotions passed between them. A wide smile forms on her face as she walks to stand beside me, her hand intertwining with mine. 

"Can we play together Camille?" She asked, and I nodded, not being able to say no to such a cute face. 

My lovelies chapter 5 is finally done.  I'm officially exhausted from today so goodmorning .[ P.S it 12:07am here in Ghana.] This chapter was 1139 words.

adieu

my lovelies.