Truth or Dare

Chapter 7: part 1

"I-I-I am n-not putting that o-on my face b-Beverly." Bill exacerbates, Bev whining beside him, with a large pout, looking around the group of boys pointedly. She lays on Ben's bed, head hanging off, so Richie can only assume everyone is upside down for her. A puppy desperate for attention.

"Common! It's good for you face. Not only does it clean your pores, it helps with the oils on your face, it refreshes your skin, it helps with acne!" She flails her arms, causing the sheets on the bed to wrinkle.

"It's basically mud!" Eddie pipes up, from his spot in Richie's lap, (well it's more, slightly between his legs.) he still hasn't really spoken to Richie, being a stubborn little brat, but he still keeps physical contact with the other boy. That's all Richie needs to fuel his confidence, ready to poke a stick in that fire.

"No, it's a avocado mask! It has great properties!" Bev argues, popping open the cap of the face mask goo.

"It also, fights against germs." Beverley adds under her breath. Richie doesn't quite know if that's a lie. It very well could be the truth, but it also could be a tactic. One that seems to work.

"Well..." Eddie begins, tongue sticking out of the side of his mouth as he thinks it over, "if it keeps my face clean...."

Beverley breaks into a shit eating grin, quickly moving to apply the mask into Eddie's face, and then her own. It looks slimy. It's surprising Eddie would let anything like that touch him; let alone his face.

It doesn't take long for Stan to also begrudgingly agree to the mask as well, the three of them sitting in a row, the pale green of the avocado making them look like sickly ghosts, leaving only their eyes and mouths uncovered. Their hair tied up in tiny little pony tails to keep strands from getting stuck.

Richie would make fun of them if Beverley didn't turn to him next. "Well?" She asks, already squirting some of the mush onto her fingers.

"What is this? Is this because you don't have any girl-friends? Is it our civic duty to fill in for all that quality girl time you missed out during your youth?" He complains, pulling back from her advances.

Beverly tuts, eyes squinting as she shoves his shoulders playfully. "What? Common you let me paint your nails last time!"

"Yeah! Which means I've already paid my dues! Go be a girl with the rest of them." He shoo'd her, waving a hand dismissively.

"Boys can wear face masks Rich." She rolled her eyes, looking at Stan and Eddie for support. They both just shrug, really they just wanted to not get pimples.

"Yeah" he laughed out, "the gay ones maybe." He says flatly.

It doesn't even register for him for a moment. Everyone, except maybe Eddie, giving him a look. The one that says 'you're a fucking idiot' their staring confuses him.

Then the words finally catch up with his brain. Oh. Right.

Maybe he should stop using gay as a insult now that's he's. The gay one.

The mask is cold, when she paints it over his cheeks, Stan moving to tie three large buns on top of Richie's head to keep his hair out of the way. Might as well just put rollers in there, it'll really sell the grandma look.

He sighs when she finishes, feeling like his face is slowly stiffening up with each minute that passes. Is this shit concrete?

By the end, all of the loser had their faces covered in masks, Ben being the next after Richie. All Beverley had to do was ask him with that sweet voice of hers, and he scurried over, letting her apply it, all the while staring at her with those hopelessly in love puppy eyes.