movies

Summary - Seymour takes Penny to the movies, like an good big brother figure would.

··········

"Hey Penny, do you wanna go to the movies?" asked Seymour while we were attending to the plants

"Uh, I'm a little young for you, Seymour," I joked, watering a zinnia. I dropped the can and all the water spilled over the side.

Seymour blushed.

"No, not like that! I don't like you like that! Besides you know I like-"

"Audrey?" I cut him off.

"Shhh!"

"Why don't you ask her?"

"She's got another date with her boyfriend."

"The one who gave her that slap mark?"

"Unfortanetly, yes."

I sighed. I hated hearing about Audrey sadistic boyfriend, especially since she wouldn't leave him.

"Fine, I'll go. How much should I bring?" I asked, leaning against the wall.

"No, no. It's on me." Seymour argued.

"Aw, really?"

"Of course! You're like the sister I never had. I want to be able to spoil you like a brother would."

Seymour smiled sheepishly. I smiled back.

"Pick me up at 7," I said, hanging up my apron.

I rushed home to change out of my work overalls and into a nicer outfit. I brushed out my hair and applied a bit of eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick.

I rushed downstairs to my apartment lobby, where Seymour awaited me. He looked around awkardly. A few people gave stares, wondering why this grown man was picking up a teenage girl. Although Seymour looked quite childish in his red jacket and baseball cap.

We arrived at the movie theatre. Showing today was The Time Machine, which was one of my all-time favorite books. We bought tickets and sat down in the theater with a bucket of popcorn and two sodas (Coke for me, ginger ale for Seymour).

When the movie was over I grew sad at the thought of the night ending. I was having so much fun! But we both had work in the morning, so we had to get home.

Seymour and I walked back to my apartment building, making jokes that made sense to nobody but us. Hell, we could've passed for a real brother and sister. 

"Thank you for the movie," I said when we reached my front door.

"No problem, little sister." Seymour joked.

"Very funny, big brother."

I gave Seymour a hug before he left. He rubbed my head playfully, mussing up my hair.

"See ya, tomorrow!" I called.

"Bye, Penny!"

Seymour waved and smiled. I smiled as I watched him go, feeling like I really had a family now.