Chapter 5

A/N: Thanks to BG90 for pointing out that bit about the name. I just about bashed my head against my desk when I read your review, cause I felt like such an idiot for not thinking of it myself. I hope I've found a decent way to address this issue!

I was originally going to have the restaurant conversation and the talk with Sakura's parents be two different chapters, but decided to combine them into one super-long one, because I got slapped with inspiration to write. Also, got hit with ideas for the C-rank missions so I want to get through this worldbuilding as soon as possible so we can hit the fun stuff! Enjoy the longer chapter! Also, expect an Interlude sometime about Wednesday – Kakashi POV, taking place about the middle of this chapter!

Inoichi leads them to a place called Yakiniku Q, and Natsu's mouth waters at the scent of barbecue. The place is fairly busy, though not quite at peak, and there's little delay in being seated at a table.

Menus are handed out, and Natsu spreads it open immediately, already looking for a price column. The language is as easy to read as it was to understand, even though Natsu knows the characters don't look like anything he's seen back home. He chalks that up to proof that he's just using Sakura-chan's grasp of the language, and returns to carefully perusing his options.

"Nothing's on fire..."

Natsu doesn't feel especially surprised, since there wasn't any fiery food in Edolas either, but something about it is still a little disappointing, and he props his chin on the table and stares at the menu as though it will change for him.

"I'm fairly sure that's a good thing, Natsu-san." Inoichi offers, looking over at the pinkette.

Natsu groans. "I meant the food! Do you guys not have fire chicken or anything like that?"

"I'm not certain what that is. Chicken spiced hot enough to be described as fiery?"

Natsu sits up to stare at Inoichi. "No way! It's chicken that's just on fire. It's actually pretty interesting to make, cause you gotta light it on fire without actually burning it to a crisp, I think Mira had some special technique to do it... cause it never tasted like it had lots of oils on it or anything..." Natsu stares blindly as he tries to remember exactly how it was made, but it's been so long since he even cared, he usually just bought it without thinking anymore...

"People actually eat something like that?"

Inoichi's words break Natsu out from his daze, and he shrugs. "Mostly just me honestly! Since I can eat fire an' stuff. Though there are a few places that actually serve it even outside the guild, cause you're supposed to put the fire out with the special sauce it comes with, and apparently it makes some really cool flavor! I wouldn't know, I just eat it while it's still on fire, but Lucy said it was a delicacy to most people and she'd know stuff like that. I guess it's probably a good thing though, cause I don't know if Sakura-chan's body can eat fire... she seemed to think my fire tricks were really odd, you know? But they're pretty much baby exercises to teach you control, they aren't that special..."

"A kekkei-genkai?" Kakashi muses, setting down his menu and looking up at him.

Bloodline... limit?

Natsu shakes his head violently. "No way! Anyone can learn really! I mean, it gets more dangerous the older you are when you start, Igneel said something about how older bodies don't adapt well to techniques that change your organs and stuff, I wasn't paying too much attention, but anyone who starts young enough can learn! I dunno with Sakura-chan though, cause mostly I still feel like me, right? I didn't even realize anything was odd with my body until I tried to kick you and my leg fell so short! So, it's probably not safe to just assume I could do everything I'm used to, since I can't really tell anything's wrong unless I actually look at myself..."