▪ Fourteen

Saturday had come quicker than Olympia had expected, but she didn't find herself complaining. It was finally the day she would have her third date with Jacob, and in all honesty, it was something she was looking forward to. Even if in light of recent events, her focus hadn't been on him for a long time.

After Qara had called, the Defenders had met in Aili's apartment so she could fill them in on everything. Qara had promised she'd fill Jessica in on anything another day and she had told them all about the night she had been patrolling alone.

It had been a busy night for one person, but she had managed. She had just taken down a few gang members when she had seen him in the end of the road, and as Qara had claimed, she had felt a dull pain in the back of her head at the sight of him. She hadn't attacked. She hadn't even moved. She had just asked him his name. And he had answered.

Morpheus.

His name was associated with dreams, but what Olympia and Qara had felt and lived through had felt more like a nightmare than a dream. Olympia had felt trapped, no means of escape clear to her until she had left through that door and his hold over her had ceased. She wasn't quite sure what his powers were yet, but if there was one thing she knew for sure, that was that she didn't want to find out.

She had discussed this with her brother and his girlfriend. Both of them suggested she didn't go after him. Olympia wasn't planning on chasing him around. They weren't going to play a game of cat and mouse where the roles of the cat and the mouse could be given to both of them. She did want him out of her head, though, and certainly, she wanted him out of the picture.

The sooner they got rid of Morpheus, the sooner she could return to her life and her mind would be put at ease. She hoped the nightmares she had started to experience from time to time would cease if he was no longer there, but she could never be sure enough.

Despite her worries, Olympia couldn't ponder on her thoughts for a long time. It was Saturday, and she had to get ready. Jacob would be at her doorstep in a while and she didn't want to keep him waiting. He wouldn't deserve to be forced to wait for her to get ready.

Olympia moved the ice pack to the side as she inspected her bruise along her ribs that had come from the latest boxing game she had attended. It had been a tough fight but in the end, she had come out victorious. With various bruises and cuts along her body she had chosen to hide.

Fixing her make-up proved to be easy - she had been practicing for years now to perfect it - and after applying some nude lipstick instead of the regular dark red she used, she raised her hands to her brows to inspect them as she recalled all she knew about the functions of the brain. She certainly was a woman of many interests.

The black leather skirt and olive green shirt she wore was a decision she didn't regret as she glanced at her reflection, unable to not smile as she fixed a few creases on her shirt. Humming lowly to herself, she set her hair into a bun, letting two strands frame her face before she pulled back and sat down on the bed beside her shoes. The black high heels were rather comfortable and she had worn them many times already, to the point she had no issue with them anymore. She had just put her phone in a small black purse she'd be taking with her when the bell rang.

Olympia put the last of her things in the purse as she headed to the door, peering through the keyhole before opening it with a wide smile. "Hey."

Jacob's eyes were wide as he took in her attire, and he had to look up to meet her eyes. Olympia had been a tall person long before she had decided to wear heels, but now she did, he had to actually tilt his head up to look at her. Jacob had hardly ever needed to tilt his head to look up at anyone ever since he had become an adult. As he looked up at her, he smiled sheepishly.