Prologue

"In sad times...In glad times...In times of regret...At any time...If I would mourn... it would not be for the Gods...Or the kings of past...Nor the humans I was sent to protect..." Enkidu said weakly. "Yes...only you...you were more human than I thought...to see you cry...it breaks my heart...So please...do not mourn..." Enkidu looked at Gilgamesh's teary face. "I wish I could see the world with you...forever....together forever....forgive me...G-Gilgamesh...m-my frie...nd..." Enkidu smiled sadly as he caressed the king's cheek. "Goodbye..."Enkidu said as his body went limp in the blonde king's arms.

"ENKIDU!!!" Gilgamesh shouted in agony.

.

.

Enkidu slowly opened his eyes and groggily looked around. His eyes landed on a regal figure standing in front of him.

"My apologies for your unfortunate demise." The Sumerian God, Anu, said as he looked at Enkidu.

Enkidu frowned and took a stance.

"No need for violence, Enkidu."

Enkidu narrowed his eyes at the Sumerian God in front of him. "Forgive me, but considering what your daughter has done, I do not expect her father to be different." Enkidu said, venom lacing his tone.

Anu smiled sadly. "I apologize on behalf of my foolish daughter. I'm here to make amends, Enkidu."

"If you want to make amends, then do it for Gilgamesh, not me."

Anu sighed. "Gilgamesh has his own destiny to follow until he dies. You, on the other hand, are dead. However, I am going to send you to another dimension. You see, there's a hero whose destiny is harsh and cruel. I want you to accompany him on his journey."

"And why would I do this?"

"Please?"

Enkidu sighed. "Very well on two conditions."

"What are the terms?"

"One...You will punish Ishtar for the crimes she has done to my friend and Uruk."

Anu nodded. "Anything else?"

Enkidu smirked. "Send Gilgamesh to this world once he dies."

Anu smiled at the bond the two shared and the very bond that his foolish daughter broke because of jealousy. "Very well. You have a deal. Before I send you there. As a parting gift, you'll have all of your powers when you arrive in that realm. Goodbye, Enkidu I hope you save the Shield hero from his dark fate."