05

After your first day on set, you'd gotten a lot of good information, but you couldn't figure out what direction you wanted the article to go in. While Dejun was becoming a rather popular director, it wouldn't do your writing skills any justice to write it out in a simple Q & A format, not to mention that he wasn't popular enough that the average person would want to read it. A 'Day in the Life'-type piece felt too trite, not to mention that it would only require you being with him for one day. And you definitely didn't want to spend only one day with Dejun.

That was a rather selfish reason, you could admit to yourself as you transferred your notes to your word document that night, a fond and almost bittersweet smile coming to your lips as you recalled the day's events through your transcribing.

A buzzing came from beside your notebook, and you looked over at your lit-up phone screen for a moment. It was an incoming call, the name making you a little more excited than it should have. You accepted the call, putting Dejun on speakerphone so you could return your fingers to the keys.

"Hey, Dejun," you greeted him, peering at the time on your laptop inquisitively. "It's almost two a.m., why the hell are you awake?"

"Oh, did I wake you up?" He asked sheepishly.

"No, I was already awake. But why are you awake?"

"I just got back from a late dinner."

"Very late."

"Yes."

"Anyway, what's up?" You figured he had a real reason for calling you, rather than to tell you about his very late dinner.

"Oh, uh tomorrow I have a nighttime shoot, so I figured we could get lunch, maybe? To continue the interview, you know."

Your hopes fell out of your mouth with a disappointed sigh, "I can't, Yukhei and Yangyang already invited me out to get lunch and I said yes. Maybe I could tag along to the shoot again? If it wouldn't be a bother to you, of course."

"When did he ask you to lunch?" Dejun focused on the first half of your response, rather than answering the actual question you had asked him.

"Yukhei? Oh, since you had stay after the shoot, I ended up walking out with Yukhei. Yangyang was already picking him up anyway, and it was kind of a spur of the moment thing but they mentioned that they were getting lunch tomorrow and I should come with them," you explained. "I think I'm finally getting more comfortable around Yukhei."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, the natural response when you mean a famous model for the first time in your life is to be super nervous. I can't help it! Social anxiety. But he's really nice, and since Yangyang is coming too, I think I'll be alright. I wasn't acting too weird today around him, was I, Dejun?"

"No, you seemed fine," his voice was strangely hollow as he replied. "So you're coming to the shoot, then?"

"If I wouldn't be a bother to you."

"You won't, I'd really like having you there, Y/N. It's going to be a cool scene, Sicheng jumps off a bridge."

"Oh thank god."

Dejun's giggles through the phone speakers brought an affectionate simper to your face.

"So what time and where?"

"I'll text you the details."

"Okay, sounds good."

You expected that next he'd hang up, but instead, he asked, "So why are you up this late?"

And you were glad that he did, not quite wanting to hang up yet, and more than happy to keep talking to him, "Typing up my notes from today."

"Oh! Sorry, am I distracting you?"

"No, you're okay. I'm almost done anyway, and it's nice talking to you, Dejun."

As you finished up the rest of your notes, you chatted with Dejun about this and that, and eventually fell asleep in your bed, cozy under your blanket and still on call with him.