07

Yangyang slowed to a stop a bit far away from the address Dejun had given you. Mainly because the address was a blocked-off bridge that had lights, cameras, sound equipment, police barricades and security cars in a radius around it.

"I would offer to walk you the rest of the way, but it looks like you don't need me to," Yangyang gestured towards a figure making its way towards the car.

Dejun must have recognized Yangyang's rather unique car, especially as the doors opened upwards for you the climb out. You'd never get used to that, for sure.

Stepping out, you leaned down to say farewell to your friend, "Thanks for the ride, Yang."

"See you, Y/N!" He replied cheerfully before closing the doors and taking off down the street.

You met Dejun halfway, notepad and pencil out at the ready.

"Hey, Dejun. Thanks for letting me on set early, I hope it's not a bother to you."

"Y/N, you're never a bother to me, stop saying that," he reassured you, words sending pangs straight to your heart.

Professionalism, Y/N. Serious journalist doing an interview here.

"Right."

He started leading you back towards the actual set, "So Yukhei and Yangyang dropped you off?"

"Just Yangyang. Yukhei had to leave lunch early. Speaking of—" you held out the small to-go box for him. "Brought you dessert."

Okay, not so professional. Now was friend-time. When you got past the greetings you could start interview-time.

"Thanks, Y/N!" Dejun accepted it, opening the lid to peer in curiously, "Tiramisu. That's Yukhei's favorite dessert."

"Yeah, he left lunch before he could get his dessert, might as well not waste it."

Your friend had a strange look on his face before it broke into a smile, "His loss, my gain."

As you took in your surroundings, you wrote down a few key notes. No actors yet, just the supporting crew. Although most of them were just hanging around, presumably either on break or already finished their part for setting up today. Dejun kept walking past the cameras, past his director's chair, and past the groups of folding chairs holding staff members.

You briefly wondered where he was leading you, until he slowed to a stop right in the middle of the bridge, swinging a leg up to sit on the ledge of it. Still holding onto the boxed tiramisu.

He gleefully found the plastic fork you had also tucked into the box, taking a bite of it before addressing you, half-chewed dessert still in his mouth, "You just going to stand there?"

"Will I die if I fall off?"

"Probably not."

"Alright," you shrugged, hopping up beside him.

However, the bridge was curved, and you had ended up on one of the steeper parts of it, immediately feeling off-balance. Instinctively, you scooted towards a flatter portion of the ledge. Which just so happened to be where Dejun was. Before you could scramble back to your more precarious position, your friend had linked his arm through yours then continued to eat.

Now accidentally pressed up against his side, arms connected, and with your feet dangling over the almost peaceful river below, you were quickly beginning to realize just how hard it was going to be for you to be professional.

"Just like at your seventh birthday," he stated, the memory coming back to you suddenly.

The two of you sitting at the top of the slides on your playset, your arms linked together, and one giant piece of cake with two forks sticking out of it between the two of you. You were pretty there was a picture of it somewhere in your parents' house.