Date cancelled? Past career choice...

It was the day of their date. Lexi was in her room at home in Orlando, Florida, getting her outfit of choice prepared.

As she was continuing her preparation, she heard a buzz come from her phone.

She took a pause, picking up her phone. She looked to see it was a simple news article that her phone would usually send.

At first, it was nothing, but then she noticed a name...

AKX.

It caught her interest, so she clicked on it. As it pulled up, she read the full title of this article.

-WWE wrestler AKX fans want the Fallen Angel to return to the independent music scene?

Lexi felt herself grow confused, as a took some time to read through the page.

Meanwhile, with Donte, he had just seen the article as well. Memories filled his head of the year 2015 through 2016.

It was through these years Donte had started to produce his own music as an independent rapper. After some things had occured, he hasn't made music since.

He would write the lyrics and perform them, create the beats, while Emily edited his music videos, and Brandon had shot them for him.

Now he was starting to think on it. Should he return to making music?

He was already dressed and ready for his date with Lexi, and he had 3 hours to spare since they decided on noon.

Donte sat at his desk, opening the bottom cabinet next to it. In it were pages upon pages of written lyrics, some used, others not.

He pulled them all out, looking them over, before turning on his computer to look at a few of his old songs.

(These songs used obviously don't belong to me, nor do the beats, they go to their respective owners. Listen if you wish, or just skip past.)

His last track, I don't want it, made people worry for his safety. At that time, there was no new music, no wrestling appearances. It was a hectic time for Donte.

To him now, it was time to return, but he had to make some calls. First...

Hunter: Hello?

Donte: Hey Hunter, it's Donte.

Hunter: Donte, how can I help you today?

Donte: I'm sure you've seen the articles about my past music?

Hunter: In fact, I have. It's been blowing up everywhere. Why, think you wanna get back into music?

Donte: Yeah, I just needed to talk with you about it first, seeing as my career in WWE works under you.

Hunter: Well, if it'll make you happier, then I don't see any problem with it as long as you don't sign with any labels.

Donte: I wasn't planning on it. Just to clarify, would I have to, y'know...tone down the cussing?

Hunter: Well, the music all comes from you, so I can't censor you there. Anything said in your music is all on you. What you put out there all depends on you. If thats all Donte, I have a meeting to get to.

Donte: Thank you, have a good day Hunter.

Hunter: Goodbye, Donte.

The call ended, Donte giving a satisfied sigh, before getting his second call in.

Lexi: Hello?

Donte: Morning, Lex.

Lexi: Oh, Donte. What's up? Change of time for the date?

Donte: No, no, thats not it. Sorry, Lex, but something came up, and I'm gonna have to cancel the date.

Lexi: Oh...I see. Well, if it's important, then I suppose we'll have to reschedule.

Donte could hear the dissapointment in her voice, which saddened him. He wasn't just canceling to get back into music. Hearing his last song brought back too many bad memories of past relationships.

Especially his last. His last girlfriend, their son, the lies she told the police. All of it made his mind crumble.

Donte: Sorry Le-

Before he could finish, Lexi had ended the call. Donte sighed, running a hand through his hair. Now it all came back around, he had possibly ruined his only chance.

He slowly began talking to himself.

Donte: She hates you and you know it. You're the one at fault. All you, Donte anti social dumbass. End it all....pathetic.

He sat there at his desk, head on the table as he continued to mumble to himself for what seemed like hours.

Little did Donte know just how much this decision would change his friendship with Lexi.