Chapter 8: Warmth

Chapter 8: Warmth

Sunlight tried to creep through the curtains of the window in the room you and Shinsou had been sleeping in. Thankfully the light was shining on the walls and allowed you and Shinsou to stay asleep for a little while longer in the shade.

At least until you remembered how freaking cold it was as you automatically shivered when the frigid air became apparent and touched your still bare body. And you blushed quite heavily when you suddenly remembered at that you were still naked, and so was Shinsou for that matter...

A small squeak came from your mouth as you started trembling from nerves as you gulped a bit, all the memories of last night coming back to you. You and he slept in the same bed together, warmed bodies pressed against each other and your eyes went wide when you finally saw his peaceful looking face right in front of you. He seemed so relaxed despite the small crease in his brows that were likely because of the cold temperature of the room. But you were just glad that after such a hellish ordeal, he finally seemed at peace for just a moment where no one was hurting him, and there was no way you were going to let anything else hurt him...

However, you saw him give a little shudder as he kept his eyes closed, and he was just so beautiful that you couldn't help but give a rather gentle peck on his forehead. But you froze once you heard him mumble something as he slowly began to stir out of his sleep. Pretty soon you perked up ever so slightly to see Shinsou quivering where he lied, his closed eyes squeezing a bit tighter as you heard a little hitch in his breath. "H-Hhhheh..."

You backed away just a little bit, even though you were starting to get worried and had no idea what was wrong with him, at least until you saw his nose twitching a bit.

"Hh'kktsch! Hehcchhhh! Huh-ptschhoo!"

He lurched forward as he let out not two, but three sneezes into the blanket, which sounded oddly cute as you smiled somewhat awkwardly and rubbed his shoulder gently. "Bless you." Shinsou awkwardly opened his eyes as he rubbed at his nose, cringing when he felt some gross, warm wetness under his fingers.

"Thanks..."

Ugh, he hated how he sounded, there was a hint of congestion in his tone and it made him feel disgusting. However, this didn't seem to deter you as you placed your forehead against his, making him let out a quiet gasp as his cheeks reddened. He felt warm, and he didn't seem to shiver as badly as he was last night.

"You don't feel that cold anymore." You had observed when you felt his skin and held his wrist a little bit, "But how are you feeling right now?" Despite that, you had to ask him how he actually felt at the moment.

Shinsou gave a little groan, "Fine... still cold but... not like yesterday..." He really hated how he sounded now; the congestion was so apparent he was disgusted with himself. However, you were understanding given that there was nothing you could both do about your cold clothes. They dried up sure, but they were going to be cold as hell...

And you were reluctant to make him go back in those clothes when he came down with something...

"Good. Sounds like you got a little cold there though pal..." You kind of chuckled though as he gave you a small glare, not thanking you for pointing that out as you slowly prepared to get up out of bed. Shinsou immediately averted his eyes though, still wanting to respect you by not taking ANY accidental opportunities to even get a glimpse of your naked body. "I can't believe it..." He muttered a little bit as he pulled the sheets closer to bundle himself up in them. And you had picked up a towel you took from the kitchen to cover yourself up in to preserve your modesty and make it more tolerable for your blushing friend.