Chapter fourty two

Khalid's POV
"Breathe brother... you look like you are about to pass out." I hear Nabeel behind me...
"Easy for you to say... you're not the one getting married today!" I glared at him, he was clearly enjoying my state of dilemma

It has been 2 beautiful months since our engagement... Amal and I have been inseparable...
After our first kiss... it took every cell in my body to control myself... I just wanted her more and more...
She became a drug to me... I got so addicted to her.
When I finally took her home that night... I took the longest cold shower ever... but I couldn't sleep.

I ended up calling her.. hearing her sweet sleepy voice only made it worse.

I had to go see father that morning... beg him to fix a wedding date sooner...
Father didn't hesitate to happily arrange with Amal's father... and it was set in two months...

Don't get me started on how hectic those two months were... because it was also Nabeel and Jasmine's... meaning double Everything.

"You gat nothing to worry about man... you are marrying the woman of your dreams...." I hear Jason patting my shoulder.

We have become closer lately... i even supported his business proposal on sustainable energy and helped him settle it here in the country... that way... Amal gets to see her best friend all the time... and of course maryam is now glued to him all the time... honestly their love is just too mushy... like cats

Today we are in Nigeria... I haven't seen Amal in a month... since she came back... apparently I'm not supposed to see her until the nikah..

It has been an agonizing one month without her close to me... i miss her so much... now I'm here to take her:.. finally... as my wife.

Today is Friday... our nikah, I nervously try to button my thobe... then I felt a hand on my shoulder... it was my father...

He helped me button the thobe... and gently place my ghutra on my head.. perfectly placed.
His eyes were glassy and I knew he was trying to hold back.

"I am so proud of the man you have become my son" he smiled genuinely and he hugged me...

"Thank you father... for giving me happiness" it took everything in me not to let my own tears fall.

Jasmine came in holding a small box... she kissed my cheek and helped me

 "Have you seen her?" I asked Jasmine hopeful

"Have you seen her?" I asked Jasmine hopeful.. I can't seem to hold on anymore... I miss Amal so much

"She'll be yours in a few minutes brother... Patience." She said winking before heading out.

—————
We were finally at the mosque... and after jummat prayer... the process began ... and I began sweating.

Nabeel and Mahmud were on both my sides... and father was sitting with the king and Amal's father.

My heart was pounding so fast I couldn't focus on what was being said...
next thing I see 4 young boys passing around sharing sweets and kolanut...