chapter 13- uhhh this is awkward

its sunday, i laid in bed, after doing my homework, having many thoughts. its only 8pm and i'm forcing myself to go to sleep, my mind felt so full that i wanted to forget about what was on my mind. i get out of bed and make my mom get me sleepy with her soft tone 🥺.
"arya sweetie i havent hugged you in like 2 days" my mum said, getting up from her seat and giving me the warmest hug possible.
"i want to go to sleep muma, make me sleepy"
we sat down on the sofa and i laid across on her lap, as she stroked my head.
"you seemed stressed my love, was the party really that bad?" she chuckled to herself
"dont be silly it was fun! i think i slept awkwardly so my body's a bit tense"
she put the blanket over me, and started tapping on my head, like she did when i was a kid. i was finally getting tired, as i yawned. she continued to watch the soaps on tv, as i fell asleep on her.

i woke up bright and early at 5:45am, i was asleep for ages. i woke up in my own bed, how did that- whatever. it was monday again, meaning school, my favourite place on this earth 😆. i got ready quickly, and headed downstairs to finish season 9 of friends. like i've watched it already, but like i got bored so i started it again. i was even earlier than my mom, who kissed me on my forehead after saying 'good morning'. she heads off early, like she usually does, leaving me a breakfast bagel.

its finally 8:15, and i wait for outside for kairi. i was scared to see him lowkey, he was giving off a weird vibe, a vibe i haven't got of anyone else before. idk i already feel the awkwardness. and there he is, the man himself walking out of his door, 2 minutes late. i look at my watch in DISGUST.

so we're walking to school, but nothing is said, like we're completely silent. he mutters something but i don't think it was for me to here.
"um, uh, i like your, jacket today!" he says, enthusiastically.
i laugh, what a dork: "this is your jacket you dummy"
he starts to stutter some more: "aha oh wait really? it suits you better"
i turn around to show it off some more: "yeah i agree" i laugh. he just kinda stared as i laughed, weird.

we get to school and kairi meets up with the boys, i text the girl group chat almost immediately:

(imessage)
retailers 🛍

arya:
WHERE ARE YOU GUYS

lorennn:
in me mums car brum brum 🚗

aureliaaa:
by the gate
bruh i see you 👀

arya:
i need girl talk asap 👉🏼👈🏼

lorennn:
bitches im here
walking towards u 😳👌🏼
yeah sure like now?

arya:
yes pLEASE

aureliaaa:
okay gurl i heard u

the girls met up with me, giving me a look of confusion.
"what u want" aurelia says sarcastically, in a british accent. loren laughed.
"i keep getting this weird vibe of kairi, like it so uncomfortable when we talk. he like stutters a lot. " i said, twiddling my thumbs.
the girl looked at each other and raised their eyebrows. they both turn to me giving me a stern look, like they were going to tell me off or something.
"are you stupid or something?" loren said, moving her hands up in my face.
"what did i do-"
aurelia interrupts me: "its not what you've done, it how your dealing with it. you really aren't used it it are you". the two girls laughed until they cried. i still didn't get the memo. they finally realised that i was still confused.
"he likes you. maybe, from what your telling me, he might have developed a little crush" loren said holding my cheeks.

"who's developing a crush?" alejandro jumps out from behind us, my skin still red from what i've been told. we all stared at him cluelessly, he looked at us with confusion. we completely ignored his question. we couldn't answer it. how awkward would that be?
"uhh so alejandro done the ap english homework?" aurelia asked.
"yeah yeah you know me always on the top of my game." he says proudly. the sad thing is, he isnt wrong 😔. i was still zoned out after being told the girls' conclusion.

period 1: ap english, my favourite lesson 😍🙈
miss granger (we think her first name is hermione) gives us an extended essay to do, in which we planned in class. kairi was to the right of me:
"can i borrow a pencil" he asked politely.
i nod my head and hand him one. he smiles and gets back to do his work. i see mattia moving to sit next to the empty desk next to loren 👀, damn is this ship sailing yet? kairi looks at them and then looks and me, i shrug, he looks down, kinda sad, and gets back to doing his work.

as im doing my work, i get a note passed to me, by kairi. is said:

lets hang after school, im craving waffles.

tbh so was i. i hadn't been to waffle house in agesss, how could i decline the offer? i pass the note back to him, with my reply:

how could i say no to waffles? hell yeah :D

he laughed reading my reply, and wrote me another one:

i can't wait, meet by your locker?

i reply:

sure mwah

now all i could think about is waffles, mmmm waffles. can't wait for after school now, im buzzing. wait if what loren and aurelia said is true, is this like an unofficial date 😳 oh no what did i do?

[follow, vote and comment on fuckmichkey and thiccyoonji like always 🥰]