chapter 28- nervous

[wednesday:-]
i skipped my morning routine, because it's the same shit. only thing different is that my sister mira is ill, so my mom is off work. i finish an episode of hsm: the series, before my mom asks me about christmas break.

"aurelia's mom called me about christmas break. you're really going to LA?"
my mum wasn't mad, but she was confused why i didn't tell her. i was crossing my fingers, hoping for her to tell me not to go. i shrugged my shoulders.

"yeah mom, sorry i just-"

"do you need me to get anything from target? for you to take with you?"
she asks politely. i tell her no, and tell her i should be on my way to school.

i leave the house, and see kairi holding a little box in his hand. he suddenly notices me, and stands up straight. i couldn't help but smile, and i walked towards him.

"hey" i say, as we started to walk.

he was silent for a little bit, before clicking his knuckles, rattling the box.

"give" i say as i hint to give me the box. he complies and gives me the box, which i open gently.

"a ring?" i question. omg was he proposing????? i wasnt ready for this, i was panicking heavily.

"a promise ring. a promise that you'll always be beside me, and that i'll always be beside you" he says, as he put the ring on my thumb. i smile, such a kind gesture, and it meant lot more coming from him. a cheesy smile appeared, and it couldn't go away.

we enter the school, joking about how me and kairi just got engaged.

you reading this, yeah you, you're invited to our wedding. tag a friend as your plus one 😇.

anyway, i had social studies, so i had to depart from my hubby. wait, i shouldn't be doing this since he likes me, and is taking this seriously. shit, my bad. i sit in my seat, getting ready for class, and i see hector walk in, i haven't spoken to him since loren's surprise after party. i didn't want to make it awkward, so i turn around to say hello.

"hey, hec-"

"don't bother"

he cut me off. did i do something? whatever, if anything, he's probably guilty about what happened. i'll let him be, for now.

class was over, and i was headed to chemistry. i heard muttering coming from everyone, about a gunshot? what gunshot? i had no time to dwell, i was going to be late.

even in chemistry class, i was scared. why was everyone talking about a gunshot? should i get ready for lockdown? i was so confused, i quickly started daydreaming in class. before i knew it, the bell rang for lunch, and i was out of that classroom in no time.

i enter the cafeteria and sit at our usual seats. everyone is talking about this gun or shooting or something, and i am still so confused???

"hello guys, what gunshot??" i beg for them to explain the situation.

"not a gunshot arya, just a gun" loren says, as she shows me the priv story of mikey tua holding a gun, whilst chase was in the car. this freaked me the fuck out.

"we can't go"i demand. my stomach was rolling inside out and i felt so nervous that i was gonna throw up. i was already hesitant about going before, but this, has just confirmed it.

"come on they're just playing around" loren says, shrugging it off. mattia raised his eyebrow, and continued to eat his pasta angrily. aurelia smiled, agreeing with loren. are they okay??? like actually??? he literally has a gun, that better not be loaded.

"loren, i'm not going" i say, slamming my hands on the table as i get up.

"the flights are already booked and everything. you can't back out now" she demands, sitting me down. i felt like i didn't have a choice, i didn't want to disappoint them, even though i had a really really bad feeling about this. was this my gut telling me not to go? 😔 not like i had a choice anyway.

time lapse to the end of the day, i was walking home alone since kairi had soccer practice. whilst walking home, struggling to carry my geometry set and my social studies textbooks, i bump into hector, dropping my things.

he stared whilst i struggled to pick up the things i dropped. why didn't he help? fr wtf is his issue?

"uh, whats wrong with you?" i ask

he stared at me bluntly, not answering my question. "i heard you're going to la for christmas break"

"i guess i am"

"i hope you have fun" hector smirks and quickly walks away. that was kinda a creepy smirk ngl, but i won't take it to heart.

i walked home, thinking about the positives in the trip, and tried to get myself excited ...

go read my new story if you want a laugh

make sure to read fuckmichkey 's story (loren's pov's) and thiccyoonji 's story (aurelia's pov's)