Wait...I Win?

Today's been quite calm. It started off really normally, I woke up, listened to some Twice bops in the shower, got dressed, and had a pathetic excuse for breakfast. Normally my roommate, Jack, would be making a good breakfast for us both but he's on a family trip which will last a month. Being in college is rough, buying meals while having a massive debt looming over my head makes spending money scary. So my fridge is full of cheap cold cuts, my freezer has tons of frozen meals and dinosaur chicken nuggets, and my pantry is just soup and ramen. Screw you, American school system.

Today Twice released a new music video. It's a Japanese song called Fake And True. I watched it this morning while eating some scrambled eggs. That morning I watched nothing but videos relating to that one song. The MV, fan theories, gifs, whatever content regarding that song was released, I watched religiously. Onces always have the best theories, even if they make no sense whatsoever, they are most certainly entertaining.

In the midst of chewing and headbanging to this straight-up fire song with words that I can't understand, I was sent a notification. It wasn't a text or dm, it was a notification from Instagram saying that Twicetagram AND jypentertainment posted something at the same time. Within seconds, I was given two more notifications, this time from Twitter, once again it was from Twice and JYP Entertainment. I opened Instagram, curious as to what this announcement could possibly be. The first thing on my homepage was JYP entertainment's post.

The post was a picture of all the members from a Feel Special photoshoot. The caption read,"Ever wonder what a day in the life of a K-pop sensation is like? The internationally acclaimed girl group, Twice, is holding a special event for all of their Onces. The members all thought it a good idea to invite a Once to live with them for three weeks as a way to let fans and idols connect! You have the opportunity to befriend nine amazing girls and live with them if you simply fill out the form in our bio! The winner of this contest will be hand-picked from the members of Twice and will be announced in a week's time on a special Vlive. Twice cannot wait to meet you, Mystery Once!"

My heart stopped. There is the possibility, the slightest possibility that I can LIVE with my favorite artists of all time. Is it even possible for me to be picked? Probably not... but I'll shoot my shot if it means that I might be surrounded by the nine people who've saved my lifetime and time again.

I click on JYP's profile and look at the blue link in the bio. I take a breath in and hold it... then I let it out as I tap on the link that will decide my fate for the next three weeks. The form looked real professional, real nice. It asked for your full legal name, email, your address, a picture of you, and a reason as to why you should be chosen.

Everything was entered in quickly except for the reason. I was stuck on that for a while. What about me is cool enough to make me stick out from everyone else trying to take my place in their dorm? What is special about me? What do I have that's unique. I'm artistic, I skateboard, I sing, I enjoy dancing though I'm no good at it, and I play the piano. Those qualities don't stick out though. I need to appeal to their emotions, to what they like.

My fingers hovered over my phone's keypad, frozen in place. I just stared at my screen. The entire time I thought only of things that the members might all want to see.

Humor. Be humorous and I'll seem fun, being fun makes me relatable, being relatable might mean that I'll be memorable.

Smart. Be smart and I'll seem more scholarly, being scholarly is impressive, being impressive will make an impact.

Factual. Be factual in why I should be chosen, this could lead to them making a good conclusion on my life, character, and their impact on me. Then they will know how much they mean to me.