Riza

It was nearing night, and you stood on a mound of sand, watching the sky. You had your arms crossed over your chest. M was working on a fire and Pawny was with her. H came and stood by your side.

"It's strange, isn't it?" You asked.

"What's strange?"

"That before MIB, you didn't know if life was out there. You didn't know if aliens existed. You thought you were alone in the universe."

"But then MIB opened your eyes to the fact that life exists beyond our solar system. That you're not alone," H finished.

"Exactly," you said, looking at him. He looked at you, and for a second, it seemed like you two were the only people in the world.

"You two gonna help me fix this bike or what?" M called. You looked away from H and stepped down the sand hill towards her.  You took a seat and helped by handing her tools.

*Time Skip brought to you by a cookie*

You used your jacket as a pillow as you slept. Sometimes the job was tiring and some days, all you wanted to do was sleep. H glanced back at you, then faced forward.

"So... what happened to her?" M inquired.

"What do you mean?"

"You mentioned that she hasn't had a partner because something happened. What happened?"

"About 2 years ago, her and her partner, Agent Z, we're on a mission, and something went wrong. Agent Z ended up dying. 13 was heartbroken for months. She blamed herself for him dying. She wouldn't talk to anyone, even took a few weeks off."

"Why was she so heartbroken?"

"Agent Z was... her brother," H breathed, eyeing you again.

"Oh. That's horrible. Is that why she's so anti-partners?"

"Yep," he replied. M looked down and adjusted a bolt in the bike.

"I know where the weapon's going and how to get it back," H added.

"I'm listening."

"Bassam only has one real buyer: Riza Stavros."

"Riza? The Riza that you went out with? The intergalactic, alien arms-dealer Riza?"

"I'm gonna hop back in for a second. You dated Riza Stavros, the Merchant of Death? The Mother of Murder?" Pawny asked.

"Yes, I didn't know she was an arms dealer at the time."

"What's going on?" You questioned, sitting up, and shaking the sand out of your jacket.

"Nothing," M said. You walked towards them and sat next to H. Staring at the fire, you felt tears threaten to spill from your eyes.

"Well, that should do it. Power her up," M stated. The engine roared to life and you jumped to your feet.

H grabbed the handles and you climbed on behind him. M lifted Pawny to her shoulder and mounted as well.

"I know Riza. She may be the Merchant of Death, but she has one weakness. Ready to be a hero, little guy?" H asked Pawny.

"Pretty open to anything," Pawny answered.

"Good, because we're going to Naples."

"Oh, to Riza's Fortified Fortress of For Sure Death?"

*Time Skip brought to you by a boat*

You hid with M in the boat and waited until you didn't hear his voice anymore. Both you and M slithered out of your hiding place and rushed down the boardwalk. You began to climb the cliff, pausing occasionally to regain your stance.

"So, 13, how long have you been a part of MIB?" M inquired.

"5 years? Maybe. Give or take," you responded. You reached up to grab the next ledge.

"H told me what happened to your brother," M stated.

"Of course he did," you groaned. "Now, no more talking, we're getting close."

"Fine."

You neared the top of the cliff and held on tight.

"H. Bring them down," you mumbled.

"Working on it," H told you. Just like clockwork, the security system shut down.

"Thanks, H." You got onto the cliff and helped M up.

"I'll distract Riza, you get the weapon, okay?" M suggested.

"Sounds good," you answered, stepping inside.