Chapter Four

When Arizona returned to Amelia's room after dealing with the emergency in the hospital, she found Amelia lying in the bed, barely breathing and unresponsive.

"No," Arizona breathes out. "Meredith!" she yells as she instantly begins cpr on Amelia.

Meredith appeared in the room. "Amelia!" She jumped onto the bed beside Arizona.

Amelia had been unconscious for over an hour and had been struggling to breathe for just over ten minutes and the longer her brain went without oxygen, the more damage could be done.

"Call 911!" Arizona breathes out, continuing cpr.

Meredith pulled her phone from her pocket and quickly called 911.

Amelia continued to be unresponsive.

By the time an ambulance was there, Amelia was finally responsive, but they didn't know how much damage had been done to her brain from the lack of oxygen.

Arizona gripped Amelia's hand tightly.

"Let's go." The paramedic says softly.

Another paramedic put an oxygen mask over Amelia's face. "Do you know what she's taken?"

Arizona shakes her head.

"We need to get this girl to the hospital now." The first paramedic said. "Do you know how long she wasn't breathing for?"

"I-I don't know." Arizona breathes out.

"We really need to move then." The second paramedic said.

"Let's go." The first paramedic says, beginning to drive.

Amelia slowly opened her eyes and coughed.

"Hey, I'm here." Arizona says instantly.

Amelia couldn't get her eyes to focus on Arizona. The whole room was spinning.

Running her fingers through Amelia's hair,  Arizona takes a deep breath.

Amelia closed her eyes and began coding.

Arizona instantly begins cpr.

After a few minutes, Amelia's heart began beating slowly but she remained unconscious.

Upon reaching the hospital, Arizona instantly climbs out of the ambulance and begins talking to Bailey and Hunt.

"What happened to Amelia?" Hunt asked.

"Drug overdose." Arizona responds, taking a deep breath. "She was unconscious and barely breathing when I found her. I don't know how long she was like that. She coded in the ambulance but I got her back."

"We need to do a brain scan." Bailey said.

Nodding her head, Arizona takes a deep breath. "I'm going to change into my scrubs."

"Arizona, you can't do this." Bailey said. "She's your best friend. You're too emotionally involved in this case."

Turning to look at Bailey, Arizona frowns. "The last time you stopped someone from being involved in a case, Derek died."

"Amelia won't die." Bailey said.

Arizona just walks off, changing into her scrubs as quickly as possible.

Bailey sighed. She made her way to Amelia.

"Bailey, we need a neuro consult." Hunt says, hoping she realizes the problem.

"Page the oncall neuro Doctor." Bailey said.

Hunt frowns and shakes his head. "We don't have one."