The Night

Greer Mason was a bit of a social outcast.  She had a few friends, but not many that she felt that she could really trust.  Greer was top of her class in academics.  She threw herself into her classes rather than being social.

Greer was lying in her backyard looking up to the sky.  She loved to stargaze when life tended to overwhelm her.  It made her feel better to know that there was so much out there when other things felt so overwhelming.

There was a big party going on at her neighbors house.  Next door lived Clara James.  Clara was the queen of the school.  She was head cheerleader.  She had more people following her around than she knew what to do.  She was also the most terrible person to Greer.  The two of them had been friends up until middle school and then everything changed.  She had turned all of their friends against Greer in no time flat.

While she was lying on the ground she felt someone lay next to her.  She looked over to see none other than Hudson James.  Hudson James was Greer's crush and had been since she was practically born.  They had been neighbors since birth.  Their parents were best friends and had brought them together up until middle school.  She had loved any time she could ever get with Hudson.  There was something about him that had always drawn her to him.  But there was one big problem in the situation.  Hudson was Clara's twin brother.  When Clara and Greer had ended their friendship Hudson had also disappeared from her life.

Hudson was not a small guy.  He was quarterback for the football team.  Greer looked over to Hudson and asked, "What are you doing here?"

He sighed, "Clara is having one of her famous parties since mom and dad are out of town.  I know your mom and dad are with them."

"But what are you doing here?  I'm sure all of your football buddies are there.  Why would you want to spend time with lowly me when you could be with all of them."

"G, I have missed you.  I never understood why you disappeared from our lives.  We are neighbors, but we are practically strangers."

"You know your sister is going to kill you for coming over here.   She hates me."

"I don't get it."

"I don't get it either, but it is what it is I guess."

"Greer,  you are so beautiful."

"You have to be drunk to be here.  There is no way you would be here if you were in your right mind."

"Greer, no.  I need you in my life again.  I've missed you.  You were one of my closest friends.  No one gets me like you did."

"You can't say things like that  after it has been this long.  It's not fair!  I've been alone.  I literally have hardly no one.  Your sister has put everyone up against me and I don't know why.  I don't have any friends.  School is miserable.  I always had a crush on you, but then you stopped talking to me when she did."  Then she stopped dead in her tracks.  She couldn't believe she had just said that.

Hudson looked at her and said, "You...had a crush on me?"

"Are you kidding me?  Like you really didn't know.  I'm sure Clara has told you all about it."

"No!  She didn't!  I loved you growing up."

"Stop lying.  You were never good at it."

Hudson pulled her into his arms and kissed her full on the lips.  As he pulled away, he asked, "Do you really think I am lying now?  I couldn't make that kiss up even if I wanted to."

Then he pulled her into another kiss.  This kiss led to so much more than Greer could have ever imagined it would go.

At the end of the night, Hudson left without saying much more.  Greer was left lying in the grass cold, alone and crying as she continued to look up at the stars.  She had no idea what was to come of the events of the night.  All she knew was after losing her virginity to her only crush was going to make sure that her life was never the same again.