It concludes

Silence flooded the room and it left an unpleasant sensation echoing across my chest that throbbed almost as prominently as the pain. The sharp ache worsened as three pairs of glowing ruby eyes scanned across me as they pooled over with venom tears that could never fall like permanent grey clouds that consistently rumbled dangerously without ever letting a raindrop fall.

"You don't mean that." Aro's voice rang out, uncomfortably loud in contrast to the previously dead silent room, his words shaky and far from his usually composed and cocky tone. I awkwardly glanced across the marble tiling of the room, salty tears now staining my cheeks as my face turned rosy. I felt the kings turn their backs to me as they walked with lowered heads towards the door. I felt my will slip as the soft throbbing ache in my chest suddenly became an unbearable stinging that rocked across my entire body causing a shrill cry to escape me. Instantaneously the three spun on their heels and their cold bodies suddenly clung to me as each red eyed king started whispering words of comfort that trickled into my ears and like medication soothed the burning in my chest causing it to be vanquished as though it were a horrid dragon and they were my knights in shining armour. I leaned into them as my grasps on them loosened as my muscles relaxed.

"Carlisle, what was that?" Caius questioned up to the doctor from his position on the floor, his voice showing malice although for whom it was unclear. The blonde doctor shook his head and sighed, sadness swimming across his eyes.

"I can only hypothesise but I believe that's the connection of the soulmate bond is stronger due to their being more involved." The good doctor paused briefly before feeling the glares of the desperate kings and further continuing. "It could be possible that because she was attempting to rid herself of the bond that it then caused immense physical pain and could possibly cause even further harm if attempted again."

Silence once again filled the room as tears still trickled down my face, falling one by one like snow on a winters day.

"This is all my fault." A guilt stricken Aro announced as his voice shook with his quivering lip. He was then faced with the confused glances of Caius and Marcus although Caius' disdain seemed now to reach across to grab hold of Aro's now timid form. "She found out and I didn't know how to explain it."

It was as if at once a great relief and yet even greater rage flooded across the room as the blonde king's eyes went dark. He snarled like a wolf at Aro who looked down seemingly too guilty to challenge the judgements he faced.

Marcus slowly turned me to face him as his red eyes gazed down at me lovingly before he spoke in a calm manner that sent the same loving shivers down my spine as they always did before. "You see, my mind was being twisted by Didyme and she sought to destroy the Volturi and my brothers along with it. Aro took action and stopped her before she could reach out rival coven in Romania however she refused to come quietly. You see, her true mate was someone called Stefan and he and his brother both hold a great deal of antipathy towards us as they broke many of our laws. She took down many of our best guards before Aro himself was forced to put her life to an end. I am sorry mio tresoro that it came across in such a repugnant way. Please do forgive us. We could never live without you nor could we live if you continued to frown because of us."

Tears once again filled my eyes as I wrapped myself around Marcus and muttered blurred apologies as Caius and Aro slowly let their arms wrap around me also. I felt kisses upon my hair as sweet loving words caressed me impassionedly.

As I sat there being embraced by those I loved most the cold castle suddenly warmed and the pain in my chest faded to nothing and somehow I knew that everything was going to be alright.