Dizzy

I was supposed his mentor. I noticed the way he looked at me. As if I was almighty God. He wasn't the first one. I had interns like that before. Females usually, but males as well. It would last for a few weeks then they would realize that I'm just another bastard.

Still, I somehow ended up seeing myself as a father figure in his life. That's how we functioned for the first two months. He was young, in his twenties, and on a good path to become a doctor. I was already a famous surgeon, in my forties.

Boy, I was so wrong. Theo was cute and clumsy but perfectly capable of seducing someone. At first, it was obvious that I was his role model but soon something changed in his eyes. It wasn't adoration anymore. It was pure lust.

He never saw me as a father figure.

It was Friday. Our shift ended late, as usually. Being a doctor sometimes means you have no life outside of the hospital. I was in my office, packing up some papers to take home so I can work on them. It was a cold, autumn day. I felt a little bit dizzy. Damn, the habit of living on coffee and cigarettes will destroy me.

-Are you okay Dr. Carter?- I heard a familiar voice.

It was Theo. He still wore his white coat over the green uniform. Theo was a small guy. Not only short but simply tiny. I wasn't a big man myself, average height and a little bit of muscle created by exercising irregularly.

-I'm fine. Are you not going home?- I asked.

It was hard to look at his eyes. Sometimes I felt like they can see right through me. Light green, big eyes with thick eyelashes. Combine that with, small, cute face and blond hair that was long enough for him to put it behind an ear. His lips were small but full. When he smiled, a dimple would show up on his right cheek.

-I wanted to check on you first since you look a little bit pale.-

There is a reason this guy is loved by his patients. His kindness and generosity had no end. I smiled.

-I'm okay, Theo. Don't worry.-

I saw him returning that smile. God help me. How do I control myself? With those thoughts the world became blurry and I passed out.

I woke up in a hospital bed. There was an IV connected to my arm. Theo sat next to my bed, asleep. He changed his clothes. White t-shirt with some Marvel character, black pants, and red Convers. He wore one of those jackets that looked like it was filled with air and had a hood with beige fur. Around his neck, big white headphones still played some music.

I stared at the ceiling, thinking. Seeing him like this always got me worried. Theo was a little bit nerdy but far away from childish. While we were in the hospital, it was easy to forget about his age. Uniform made him look older. Nevertheless, scenes like this reminded me of his age. In fact, he looked younger like that and it made me uncomfortable. I felt like an old pervert.

-What are you thinking about?- I heard a sleepy voice.

-You're awake.- I said, avoiding his question.

-Yeah.- Theo said and stood up. He put a finger between my eyebrows. –Stop frowning.-

Small touches like that seemed to always go under the radar for both of us. I knew what I felt every time he touched me, but I ignored it. Theo simply never noticed. It was normal for us to function like that. Maybe that's the reason why everyone thinks Theo is the only person in the hospital that can handle me. Then he placed his hand on my forehead.

-You still have a fever.- he said and unhooked now empty IV.

-It's not that bad.-

-Yeah, you just passed out.- he laughed lightly but I could feel rebuke in his voice.

I took a deep breath and sat on the edge of the table. My head was still dizzy. It felt as if I was floating.

-I'll take you home.- he said and put me on my feet.

-You don't have to do it...- I started.

-You can't drive like this.- he said and picked up my things before escorting me out of the room.

It was so easy to give in. Theo was nice and caring. His personality was like warm sun after a snowstorm. Slow jazz played while he was driving me home. I dozed off a little bit, listening to him humming.

After getting into my apartment, I went straight to bed. My body refused to stay awake. Theo took my jacked off and covered me with blankets. He told me he bought medications and left it on the nightstand.

I felt my bed moving as Theo sat down. He ran his fingers through my hair and mumbled something about my fever. Did he know how nourishing his hands are? Small, soft and warm. Everything about Theo was comforting. 

Note - A song that I listened to while writing this:

"I had a dream that you were mine
I've had that dream a thousand times..."