Fever

I felt when Theo got up, ready to leave. I wanted him to stay. My hand grabbed his before I could think of any proper excuse.

-Stay.- I mumbled anyway.

Fuck it, I'm just gonna blame my fever.

He stayed. I saw him taking his jacket off and placing it on a chair. He sat beside me, playing with my hair until a fell asleep.

***

I woke up in an empty cold room. It was raining outside. Theo wasn't there. I sighted. I wish he stayed.

Then I realized I can hear music. It was coming from my apartment. He did stay. Loud laughter escaped my mouth. It was impossible to hold it. I got up and walked into the kitchen. Theo was making pancakes and God it smelled great.

-Oh, you're awake. Sorry for intruding but I thought you should eat something.- he flashed a polite, apologetic smile.

-It okay.- I whispered.

He had no idea how happy it made me to see him doing that. We ate pancakes with syrup and blueberries. He cleaned the tables after that. I got up to help but he refused.

-You have a fever.- he protested.

-It's gone now.- I said.

He left the plates in the sink and marched back to me. Theo placed his hand on my forehead.

-Yep, still have that fever.- he said.

His nose was wrinkled and brows furrowed. It was nothing but adorable seeing him annoyed.

It was the last straw. Maybe if I didn't have that damn fever I would be able to resist. My mind stopped and my body took over. I could think, only feel. I leaned in and kissed him.

It was a short kiss. I didn't know how he'll react. Maybe I misunderstood that glow in his eyes.

-Harrison.- he whispered onto my lips.

It was the first time he called me by my first name. Then he kissed me. Theo wrapped his arms around my waist and gave in. I placed my hand onto his cheeks and kept kissing him, still unsure if I'm dreaming or not.

Aaand song for this chapter is: