Everything You Wanted To Know About Gay Bathhouse Etiquette

First and foremost, bathhouses are places for men to have sex. It is a sexual playground for men to do whatever they want: a place to get sex 24/7, like a 24-hour convenience store. Come to think of it, the Baths are like a supermarket. You can shop for whatever you are looking for. You have Latinos, Twinks, Bears, Chubs, Asians, Blacks, whatever type of guy you are interested in, you will find in a Bathhouse. There is something for everyone at the baths, much more than in the bar or club scene. As you will read in my stories, I have seen some weird combinations at the baths.

There are two myths about Bathhouses. One, only dirty older men go to the baths. Two, only gorgeous men get lucky at a bathhouse. Neither is true. As I mentioned at the start, there is something for everyone. Sometimes, men use the baths to find a specific "type" of guy they can't find anywhere else. Such as an Asian, Chub, Bear, and so on.

Locations of bathhouses range from a side street to an out-of-the-way neighborhood. Most times, there is no sign on the door. You walk in and see a cashier located behind a protective window. The list of prices to purchase a room or a locker will be on the wall. Renting a room will give you privacy. If you decide on a storage locker, cheaper than a room, you have no privacy (in case you meet a cute guy!). Most bathhouses will allow you to lock up your valuables in a safe – like a watch, wallet, or jewelry. Once you pay, the cashier will buzz you in, and you open the door. Which automatically shuts behind you. There is no chance of any strangers walking in by accident.

Depending on where you live, you might be required to purchase a bathhouse membership. The reason? According to some state laws, a bathhouse can only operate as a private men's club. Hence the need for every customer to have a membership. Some bathhouses may only need you to fill out some information on a card. But other bathhouses may request a Photo ID, in addition to your membership. If you are closeted or openly out, you needn't worry about your personal information being leaked.

Bathhouses need customers to be profitable. How would they be able to keep customers if they leak personal information. Not to worry, as bathhouses are very discreet when it comes to maintaining membership confidentiality. So there is no need for you to worry about being outed. The good news is that memberships may also give the customer discounts, if he plans on making multiple visits to the baths. After years of going to my regular bathhouse, I have recently purchased a membership. It lets me save money since I go so often. Every bathhouse does not require a membership purchase. But be prepared if your local bathhouse requires you to buy a membership.

Once you get in, take off all your clothes, place the towel around your waist, and then cruise. It would be best if you took a shower before you cruise the halls. That way, you are fresh for whomever you encounter. Then after you have done the deed, take another shower. This way, you can refresh yourself for the next guy you find. For some, taking three to five showers in one visit is common! That is how many times some guys get lucky at the baths. Some men are pretty paranoid about foot fungus, so they bring slippers or sandals to protect their feet.

The baths consist of dozens of rooms, all lined up among a maze of hallways. You spend most of your time walking the halls looking for a score. Everyone knows why the other person is there. Men are lying in their rooms, seeing what passes them by. Or they are standing in the hallways, observing who is walking about. Everybody is cruising, everybody. There is even a bulletin board for people to advertise themselves. For example, on the board, "Room 218, submissive bottom, shoot your load inside me." The board has dozens of messages like that.

All bathhouses will have a sauna, steam room, and showers to clean up. Many will have a hot tub or a swimming pool, with some places having both. Most have porno rooms to pass the time. Condoms are free of charge (usually located at the front desk), but you will have to pay for lube. Every bathhouse has a snack bar and a pay phone. Also, there is a lounge area where you can sit and watch television. Or read gay magazines like Advocate or Instinct.