Oops

Sitting, arms crossed on the front of her family's wagon, (y/n) grumbled as she waited for her father to get done selling some products to a house full of excited little girls and one nervous, about to be a bankrupt father. The wagon had waited outside the house and remained on the city street. People bustled by, carrying conversations with them. smells filled the air as shops and restaurants prepared for the lunchtime rush that was about to unfold.

The girl didn't wait too long as her father shortly returned to his seat next to her. His pocket now filled with money. "Now aren't you glad I made you tag along?" He chuckled, nudging (y/n) to the side. She was in no mood to laugh along with him though. She was still a little upset from last night and her father's attempt to cheer her up by bringing her with him to make some at home delivery sales wasn't helping much.

Whipping the horses that drew the carriage, (y/n's) father moved the two along down the brick-paved roads. Moving down the street that was decorated with small homes and the occasional store they made their way to their next destination. "You know, your mother told me about that trip you and your friends were planning on going on." (y/n) lifted her head from her hand and raised a brow at this.

"I think it's admirable that you want to explore, it reminds me of when I was your age." After he uttered those words (y/n) had stopped listening completely, she knew exactly what kind of conversation this would start and she really wasn't in the mood for a speech.

Her dozed off state didn't last long however, around a corner, another horse-drawn wagon came bolting out of the adjacent alley way, (y/n) and her father's own had been taken back in surprise. The horses stood up in fear and neighed thunderously across the town square they were entering. The other wagon didn't bother stopping and continued racing down the street at a dangerously high speed, causing chaos and havoc their way. (Y/n) quickly stepped into action as the wagon bumped up and down at the horse's outburst.

Taking hold of the reins that her father had let go of, (y/n) pulled the horses down, or at least tried to. They caused a scene and it didn't take long before people instantly poked their heads towards the father and his daughter. Seeing as the horses hadn't calmed down at all her father pulled the ropes from her hand and gave a shot at calming the animals. This made one of the horses push back at the wagon, her father stood up at this time and the thump of the kicked carriage sent him flying off the side.

"Father!" (y/n) screamed, giving the horses one final, and harsh tug; they ceased their commotion and she was able to jump off the vehicle to help her father up.

Running toward the man whose back laid on the ground she carefully helped him sit up. He groaned in pain and rubbed his back. "Are you ok?"

Grinding through his teeth he spoke. "I-I don't think so." He collapsed to the ground as his arms failed to push him off the dirt road.

Not wasting any time in helping him up (y/n) pulled her father up, his broad build made it a bit difficult but she was determined to see her father be back on the wagon, she also wanted to save her father any embarrassment that being sprawled on the floor might've caused.

Throwing her father's arm over her shoulder, she began to stand him up, he groaned in discomfort and ground his teeth in pain, falling back to the floor. (y/n) went back down to help, this time though two other strangers from the cities square went to help. Now hosting the older man onto the wagon he breathed in another sharp breath, filled with pain.

"Do you think you can stand, father?" (y/n) nervously asked, growing in suspicion that her father might have a serious injury.

"I'm afraid my body doesn't feel too up to the task, my dear." He took in another loud, sharp breath as he clenched his leg.