The Palace

Stepping up to the front steps of the palace was one of, if not the most nerve-wracking thing the girl has done in her whole life. Even more nerve-wracking than speaking to the terrifying admissions counselor at The school for Nursing and Humanities. Its golden trim had a glow that reflected off of the crisp early morning sun. The landscape around it was beginning to hibernate as it prepared for the colder season and without waiting a moment longer y/n approached the front entrance.

Her brown leather boots clicked against the cobblestone pathway and she tried her best to keep her luggage secured on her back. Although the thick blue wool cape she was wearing made it slightly more difficult for her.

After explaining to the guards why she was there and showing the royal invitation she was granted access inside, and stunned even more by the gracious interior. It's red velvety carpet stretched back to what she assumed to be the throne room, the golden and bronze flooring and walls accompanied the red theme nicely. She started to move forward, somewhat hoping she'd be able to find a worker or someone who could help point her in the right direction.

After passing some halls she looked to her right and saw a tall figure standing in the distance. She saw her opportunity and took it as she ran to the person. As she got closer she could tell it was a male, a somewhat attractive male.

"Excuse me!" She waved off at him "I'm looking for the prince?" Saying that out loud felt incredibly odd and strange. "Um, I think? I'm going on an expedition with him, I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction?"

The blonde male stopped from looking at the portraits on the wall and looked down at the female. His hair had a greyish tint amongst the blonde, his hueless eyes helped bring out this grey color.

"Hm." The male stopped to ponder, he tapped his chin in thought and looked up at the ceiling. "Well I might know" He looked down at her now, "If you'd want to help me look that would be great." He smiled, his eyes closing as he did so.

"Oh, uh... sure." She beamed, trying to be polite. The man clapped his hands together and picked up some bags of his that were on the floor next to them.

"Let's go then." He waved her over implying he wanted her to follow suit. So the two of them began to walk down the hallway.

Looking all around at the interior the young girl remained amazed. The curved ceilings, upon further inspection, were covered in jewels. Y/n's jaw dropped, she knew the royal family was wealthy, but this wealthy,  she was surprised. She looked up ahead again and studied the male. His bags were filled with soft and sharp objects that made the bag lumpy. She looked at her bags that were packed similarly and grew in suspicion that maybe he was also going on the voyage with her. He had a sword on his side in his scabbard, feathers were tied to it, making it look a little hard to use, this made her believe that the sword was more just for show. The rest of his figure was a little hard to study, due to the large fur cape that swung as he walked.

She began to daze away in her thoughts. Walking blindly behind the stranger, that was until she collided with his backside. He chuckled, "you should pay more attention to your surroundings." He turned around and bent down a little bit to be eye level with the girl. Flicking her forehead he smiled, "It might get you in trouble some day." Y/n rubbed her forehead, she assumed his assault was just playful banter. "We're here though!"

Looking past him y/n looked confused, although she wasn't for sure where she was supposed to be, she had a feeling that this wasn't it. An open door led into a storage freight, no prince in sight.