Something Essential

The next morning, a wet nose woke him from deep slumber..

"Nah. I Don't give a damn, shut the fuck up.. Oh, wha' the. Marcus, is it you?"

11.36 A.M., 14611 sutton street, Sherman Oaks CA.

---

A young man gracefully stretched himself, yawned, strolled to his hifi and picked a Chet Baker record from his collection.

At the same moment as he wanted to launch in his armchair, Marcus jumped on his lap and began licking his hand. Finally James, caressing him gently, launched to perform his part aloud. He did this from the bottom of his soul, full of tension and with such intensity that Marcus was once again terribly frightened and finally fled from his arms discontented with reverence.

James couldn't help but giggle and laid his script aside.

"Next time it won't sound that bad, promise.."

Marcus' purring immediately made James feel at ease and together they waddled to the beat of the saxophone-trumpet-jazz-music down the creaking stairs.

Marcus, who refused to listen to that catophony, immediately jumped out of his embrace again..
Actually James just wanted to pour himself a freshly brewed coffee...

Swings, Swing- and Jazzmusik (obvously Chet Baker), theatrical performances and now also James' beloved milk coffee with sugar - Marcus obviously had many dislikes..

But James kept it cool.

Cozily, he let the scent of strong Arabicas spellbind his nose and lifted his eyebrows with rapture.

Good Morning, good ol' Hollywood.

Yeah..

what day, when not today, would be so perfect for taking a carriage ride with a sports car through your inviten, foggy streets?

James himself could hardly wait to paint the town red with his streamlined sport sled, so he didn't hesitate to snatch his jacket, slip into his Jack Purcell Converse, with a look back, watching, how peacefully his cat purred back at him.

So the young man slipped enthusiastically into his Porsche Spyder 550 vehicle, which he had given the glorious name Little Bastard and got it's strong motor running.