Chapter 1 ~ Her First Day

Name: Ruhanika Nigam (Ruhi)Age: 5Class: I Std

Age: 5
Class: I Std

According to her Anushka is her biological mother, who had stayed away from her due to her work for the past few years. So, as per her wish, Anushka and Sumedh got married again.

~~~

Sun rays slightly escaped out of the clouds and reached the earth early morning. Slowly it sneaked inside the curtains of Nigam Mansion, which was yet glittering in its decorated form.

It was the elder heir of Nigam Mansion, Sumedh Nigam's, wedding yesterday. The whole house echoed silence after the enjoyable as well as tiring events of the wedding, indicating the housemates were sound asleep.

The new member of the Nigam Mansion or more precisely the bride of Sumedh, Anushka Nigam, was yet in her bridal attire with her veil covering her tired face until her lips.

She was in deep slumber in the sitting position, leaning against the backrest of her husband's bed, which was her's official since a few hours back soon after he filled her hairline with the sindhoor.

But where was he?

She didn't know. His cousin sister, Radhika Agarwal and His co-actor, Prathiba Paul, had left her in Sumedh's room after lots of teasings. She didn't even remove her veil being nervous to face him alone for the first time.

Yes, she had never talked with him. Nor they had met face to face. He had avoided all the family shopping for their engagement and wedding.

She didn't even know whether he had seen her face during their engagement and all those rituals during their wedding. Neither she had seen his face, being scared to get rejected and failed at the beginning stage of their wedding only.

She waited for his arrival by being awake until midnight. She got tensed on his absence from their room. She was worried about his wellness. She didn't know should she go and inform his mother or dadi. But she felt embarrassed about what they would think. Soon, something struck her brain.

What if he had gone somewhere to avoid her presence in his life?

That thought itself pricked her heart with a knife. Teardrops collected in the corner of her eyes, lined with kajal. She closed her eyes, feeling sick and exhausted mentally.

She didn't know when she had fallen asleep at last. Her soul was taken into the dream world of being loved by her husband and living a harmonious life with their daughter, Ruhanika Nigam, who was her husband's daughter with his first wife, whom Anushka had taken as her blood daughter.

Her lips stretched unknowingly in sleep, gesturing to her happiness in the dream.

Her peaceful sleep got disturbed when her eyes forced open due to the knock on the room door. She looked around her surroundings, removing her veil.