A Mistake

(Sans POV:)
I wake up, but I'm feeling a little confused. No nightmares? Strange, but I shrug it off. Maybe I'll ask the kid. Who knows? I get out of bed, and get dressed. I hear Paps coming up the stairs, and suddenly my door flies open. I jump a little, not expecting that, and Paps is there, just smiling at me like I'm the best person in the world. I'm not. I know that, but whatever keeps him happy, I'll let him do. Mostly. Getting killed by the Kid in a Genocide run?  Not so much. I mean, I know he'll come back, but still. I sigh inwardly, but put on a smile for him. "HELLO BROTHER! What a lovely Morning! Nyehehe!"  (I smiled while writing this) I smile, happy that he is happy and safe. "Hey bro. How's it hangin?" He looks at me suspiciously. "Brother.... was that a pun?" He asks, and I smile for real. "Nah. Look behind you." AD was hanging on the wall behind Paps. Perfect timing! Paps turns around and then looks back at me, a playful hate in his eyes. "BROTHER!!!!!" He yells, and I smile. "What? Was that one not Rib-tickling? I thought it was humerus, but hey, not everyone agrees with my opinion." He just scowls playfully, and then scoops me up. "Come on Brother! We need to clean up! The Human Frisk's day of creation party is at hand, and we must prepare!" I chuckle. "Okay, bro. I'll be down in a sec. need to find my slippers." I say, and he puts me down gently. "Don't dawdle, brother!" He calls as races back down the stairs. I chuckle, and begin the search for my slippers.

(A bit Later...)

I walk down the stairs, slippers on my feet, and nearly fall. I catch myself, and wait a bit to make sure my legs are sturdy. Once I'm sure I'm okay, I continue down the stairs. I put on one of my lazy smiles, and take a breath to call out for Paps, when I see it. His scarf, covered in dust. I fall to my knees, eyes going dark. "Paps?" I whisper, and pick up the scarf. Not another one. Please not another one. The kid promised! They said no more! But.... they did. They broke their promise. They broke it.  Guess I owe them a Bad Time. "Br- brother?" I hear him, and my head snaps up, my eyes still dark. I see him, and I force my Eyelights back. He comes over, and wipes away tears I didn't know I had shed. "Brother? What happened? Why are you crying?" He said, then he looked at his scarf in my hands. "P-paps... I.... I thought... I thought you..." i gestured helplessly at the scarf in my hands, and his face lit up with understanding, and then darkened with worry. "Oh. Well, no need to worry! I am alive and well! I got my Gloves dirty, and my scarf must have fallen off, and I had not noticed. I was simply cleaning my gloves, so do not fret Brother!" He said, though I could see questions in his eyes, yet he didn't ask them, which I was grateful for. He hugged me, and let me sit on the couch while I calmed down, and he cleaned where I could see him.

(Author's Note: GUYS I NEED A COVER HELP! I'm working on the cover for my other story right now, and it's gonna be a while with all of the editing. So can you guys help me with one for this story? If you can, and want to, of course, feel free to message my when it is done! Thank you!)

Word Count: 564