Chapter 6

Math class

Math class. Last class of the day. Jimin's favorite subject.

Naturally most people dreaded math, but Jimin always liked the way he had to solve new problems every time. Distracting his mind from everything else. There was only logic when it came to numbers, and there was a solution for everything. He liked how there was no deeper meaning and things always had an explanation.

The loud babble from the other students filled the big classroom. The bell still hadn't rung for the second time, and everyone was taking an advantage of it. The thing about not having many friends was that most of the time you were alone in class and sat like an idiot in silence while everyone was surrounded by their people.

It used to bother him before, but now he knew that most of these people talked behind their 'friends''' backs and that they didn't even genuinely like each other. He was glad that he had Taehyung, it was only one friend, but he was worth way more than anyone else.

Jungkook always seemed to show up late for class. Jimin didn't know the reason for it but, somehow it was always the case. So, he was quite surprised when he saw the male entering the classroom before the teacher had.

The taller male sat on his assigned desk next to him, and to Jimin's surprise greeted him. He always managed to ignore him, and it didn't really bother Jimin, but the acknowledgement felt good, Jimin had to admit.

"You're early today.", he couldn't stop himself from commenting. The other just shrug his shoulders and started taking out his materials out of his leather backpack as the second bell finally rang, and the teacher made his presence.

The class went rather slowly. They were given a two-sided sheet with exercises to do, and Jimin couldn't help but be bored as he already knew the answers to everything.

He looked to his right side and saw that his seat neighbor had difficulties doing them. Jungkook's eyebrows were creased as he was thinking of answers, his back slouched and had a rather mad expression on his face than a confused one, like he was scolding himself for not knowing this.

"We already covered this last Friday afternoon.", Jimin whispered softly, not to disturb their classmates.

"I know.", the dark-haired male replied without taking his eyes off the paper.

"Let me help you.", without thinking Jimin approached his chair extremely close to Jungkook's so he was able to see what he was writing. He didn't pay attention to the way Jungkook watched him, but kept his gaze on the work. "Do you remember the formulas I told you to memorize?", he finally locked eyes with the other male.

"Yes.", sitting so close to each other in the light of the day, Jimin could see the color of his eyes clearly. They were a deep brown, almost black. And they were beautiful...

"Good.", he coughed slightly, aware of the lack of space between them. "Here, write them all on this piece of paper.", he tore a sheet from his notebook and pushed it so that it lay in front of the other on the desk.

It was quite satisfying watching Jungkook writing. It was a small step, but it made the smaller male proud because he knew that he listened to him when he was telling him what to do.

"Now choose which one you need to use to solve the first problem.", he said once they were all written down. Jungkook thought for a few seconds before choosing the first one. He shyly pointed and looked for approval from his tutor.

Jimin could only nod his head with a small smile. "Now use that to answer.", he saw the way Jungkook's mind worked. He seemed like he didn't have any problems learning things by heart, but then when it came to using the formulas, it's where he started crashing.

With the help from the smaller boy, Jungkook succeeded at answering most of the problems just like he did during their tutoring session.

The bell rang, and both males jumped in their seats, startled. Their presence to each other felt comfortable. Making time pass without them noticing it. Jimin returned his chair to its original place, not wanting to make things awkward.

They both gathered their things in their backpacks without looking at each other. Now everything was moving around them, making them feel like they weren't alone in the room. As if they couldn't act close to each other.

Jimin followed Jungkook quietly to his car-he had already told Tae not to wait for him. So, the two boys quickly exited the school grounds, still without having spoken another word.

A/N: I hate math with a passion that is deep in my bones.
-E. DIGGORY