Chapter 31 ~ Burnt (Part 1)

Levi's POV:

I was preparing breakfast when hands went over my eyes.

"Eren I'm maki-" he kissed me roughly on the lips. I opened my eyes and saw this man wasn't Eren, but Erwin. ⠀

Across the room an almost muted cry slipped out. There stood Eren, looking vanquished at the sight of us.

"It's not what you-" He ran out of the apartment, not bothering to grab any of his belongings. I turned to Erwin, punching the bridge of his nose with as much power I could, He tumbled back, and tripped over his own feet. Rough and swiftly, I pulled him up by his shirt's collar and whispered "Do that again, I'll kill you."

I ran out of the apartment, seeing a flash of Eren's shirt around the corner. Being me, I had to stop. Who could run for that long?

Panting, I entered the lobby, seeing weary travelers entering. Eren was nowhere to be seen.

~

Eren's POV:

Tears streaked my face as I pushed past the whoevers, looking for a way to swiftly evacuate the premises.

A taxi passed by, and I got it's attention. I hopped in, hitting my foot in the process, and told him my address. It was halfway there I realized I had no money.

"Uh, sir?" He "hmmed?" in response. "I lost my money."

"It's fine, as long as you get there safely." A burden was lifted off my shoulders as I sighed in relief, looking out the window. I lived near the city, so there wasn't much farms or fields nearby.

About twenty minutes later we arrived to my house.

"Thank you sir."

"No problem, have a good night!" He smiled before he drove off. We needed more people like him in the world.

Maybe I should've let Levi explain. Explain that he was secretly dating Erwin this whole time? I don't want to go back into that dark phase.

I entered my house with a sigh. my mind was constantly battling itself. Scanning the area, I plopped onto the couch, turning the TV on. Channel surfing didn't help, nothing interesting was on.

The news displayed recent murders as I rummaged through my fridge, finding the same old food.

"The apartment building located on Maria Street has been partially burned due to one apartment catching fire, and quickly spreading throughout the building. There was one death, seven injured, but the rest thankfully made it out okay. That's all the information we have for now, back to you Elijah." Wait, Maria Street? That's Levi's street. Was he okay? My mind raced with various thoughts as I hopelessly sat here, with nothing I could do.

All I could hope is Levi was okay.