Ninja Business

Chapter 7

Walking into the press room for the statement was completely overwhelming for Vinny. He almost froze in fear. But as quick as the flashing on the cameras he remembered the advice the ninja gave him. He also remembered that the last time Ninjago saw Kai, he was unconscious.

The screams of excitement and the fans wearing red encouraged him and he smiled to the crowd as he walked to the stage next to Lloyd.

Jay was wheeled up a ramp by Cole and the ninja stood in a line facing the crowd. There must have been hundreds of people.

The ninja stood there smiling and waving and soon the crowd quieted down so Lloyd could speak into the mic. 

"Hi everyone!" Lloyd greeted and the crowd returned 'hi's and 'hello's all at different times. Lloyd chuckled and looked more serious but somehow keeping up his smile. "I know some of you are worried about our latest mission, but we're here to tell you and show that everything is fine now. The most obvious thing is that Jay is in a wheelchair and I'm sorry if it worries you. Jay is doing just fine, right Jay?" Lloyd looked to the blue ninja.

The ninja in question smiled and waved to the crowd. Jay, without a mic, shouted, "I'm okay!" The crowd erupted for a single moment.

Lloyd faced the reporters and fans again. "I'm also sorry if you were worried about Kai. On camera, there was a video of him being knocked unconscious, but as you can see..." Lloyd points to Vinny who is trying his best to not melt away on the spot. "...Kai is with us and he is alright. He would like to say a few words."

Lloyd stepped back and gave him a stealthy thumbs up. Vinny took a deep breath to relax and casually leaned on the podium. The que cards secretly placed on the podium.

"Hello Ninjago City! Did you miss me?" Vinny flashed a smile and winked to the cameras. Apparently he did that right because the crowd roared to life. He lifted his hand slightly to quiet them and in a heartbeat it was silent. "I'm sure you saw the news and I'm sorry you saw that. Kinda embarrassing but I bounced right back up again! I'm doing fine now, as you can see." Vinny sees that the que card reads 'flex muscles or use elemental power' and he nearly rolled his eyes. Vinny quickly reacts thinking that he paused for too long. He flexed his muscles and returned to leaning on the podium. He decided that the que cards were a little too weird and to make it up on the spot. "I just want to say really quick that if you have any information on Vinny to contact the Police Commissioner or us ninja. He was hit by that machine along with me and we want to talk with him and make sure that he is alright. That's all I got for you today! Thank you everyone."

Vinny smiled once again and the crowd lost it. They continued to cheer all the way till they were back in the other room.

As soon as the doors closed and they were alone. Vinny dramatically leaned on a clear wall.

"That was terrible..."

Jay was grinning ear to ear, "What are you talking about?! That was great! You did the wink!" In his excitement he stood from the wheelchair. His dizziness returned and Cole caught him before his legs gave out.

Zane frowned, "We should get back to the Bounty. You need some rest to recover from your concussion."

Jay slumped into the wheelchair. "I'm fiiinnne." He whined.

"Mhmm" Cole responded as he started to push Jay's wheelchair.

/

Once at the Bounty, things started to slow down again. Jay was resting while everyone else was in the control room. Cole fiddled with the stirring wheel even though they were floating mid air and it did nothing. Lloyd leaned against a control panel, staying clear of buttons. Nya never looked away from the window. Zane observed almost as if he was learning human behaviors.