𝑡𝒉𝑟𝑒𝑒¡

†

"esta son Las mañanitas
que cantaba el r rey
david.
hoy por ser día de tu
santo
te los cantamos a ti

dispierta, marisol,
dispierta
mira que ya amaneció.
ya los pajaritos cantan;
la luna ya we metió"

"blow the candles mija! but make a wish first" marisols mom exclaimed.

A better life.
was the first thing that popped into the little girls mind. one by one she blew out the candles. her mom proceeded to cut the very small cake that was enough for the both of them.

marisol looked around the room noticing it was her and her mother once again on her birthday. marisol didn't mind spending her birthday with her mom, but she wished that one birthday she could spend it with her friends at her own birthday party.

"ma why can't I have a party just like all my friends?" marisols mom passed her a slice.

before answering her daughters question she let out a sigh knowing what she was gonna say, the same thing she always said every year.

"next year i'll make you a party mija this year I just didn't have the time."

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITCH!!" marisols bestfriend voice erupted through her room.

she was the only person she kept in touch after she moved. she had a bunch of other friends but after her moving to another state they immediately ghosted her. she never knew why.

"AHHH TYYY ANDREA! I miss you so fucken much!" marisol spoke to her phone while her bestfriend was on the other end of the phone.

"of course you would! who wouldn't miss me?"

suddenly another voice was heard through the phone but not a familiar one.

"ayy get off the phone! and spend some time with me" a deep voice was heard.

"uhh hold up- who tf was that?" marisol questioned her friend.

"ummm.. I gotta go I'll call you later! bye"

"wai-" was the last thing marisol could say before andrea hung up.

"soo.. apparently it's your birthday and you didn't tell us?" alvaro asked.

it had been already a month in new jersey and for the past 4 weeks marisol had gotten really close with the boys, especially alvaro. you could say they were practically bestfriends.

so for alvaro just finding out in 4th period when mr. johnson wished her a happy birthday, he felt a little hurt knowing that she didn't tell him at all. feeling bad that he didn't get her anything, he decided to ask marisol if she wanted to go to the movies this weekend.

"just you and me? or the boys too?"

"i'm gonna invite myself since I got nothing to do this weekend" alejandro said as he overhead the two talking.

"I guess the rest of them are gonna want to go too"

"alright i'll tell them during lunch"

"hey can I go! I got nothing to do too" alondra butted in the conversation.

"bro do you ever just shut up?" alejandro responded hoping marisol and alvaro tell her no.

"alex you're so fucking rude, but I guess you could tag along"

"omg yay! here's my number and text me when we're meeting up"

marisol quickly pulled out her phone typing in the number and creating a contact for her.

"you deadass just invited her annoying ass! man I'm not tryna go anymore" alejandro whispered to marisol not wanting alondra to over hear.

"quick question, why do you not like her?"

"she rejected me in elementary"

marisol bursted out in laughter, dying at what alejandro had just said. once she calmed down she proceeded to say.

"that's why you're always a bitch to her because she rejected you in elementary. can't wait for this weekend!"

🦋

𝒂𝒉𝒉𝒉 𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏'𝒕 𝒖𝒑𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅¡¡ 𝒔𝒄𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒍𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒖𝒑 𝒃𝒚 𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒚. 𝒃𝒕𝒘 𝒂𝒍𝒔𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 3𝒌 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒔!