Prophecy

It had been at least a month after the coronation and seven of the eight were more than happy to pretend the confrontation with the dark fairy was nothing but a bad dream. Seven of the eight didn't want to know what the prophecy Maleficent had spoken of, was. The VK's had just found their happiness and they didn't want to lose it, they wanted to regain the innocence they lost at birth. The Ak's were growing up too fast already. They were future queens, a king, a guard none of them wanted to move any faster than they already were.

In fact, they all kept themselves busy. Evie had suggested starting up a business where she could sell her designs and get commissions from the princes and princesses in school; she had noticed Jazzy's handy work with the curtains she had made for her and Mal. The stitching was perfect, not a single thread out of place and the embroidery of the crowns and dragon hearts were just gorgeous. She had asked Jazzy if she wanted to help and the future queen of Agrabah was excited. She even managed to Get Cece as commissions manager. Aaron was trying to gather his wits and talk to Lonnie, who he's had a crush on since they were seven in pre-prep but every time, he started a conversation he was stuttering like an idiot. He thought it was completely stupid considering the fact that he was part god, and he could barely look at this beautiful human that could probably lay him out flat in hand-to-hand combat. Carlos was taking Rachel every few days to an animal shelter to volunteer, even getting Anita and Roger to join in and Ryder had to tag along to make sure they didn't adopt every dog they saw. Ella Was constantly showering Jay with lavish gifts and dates not seeming to understand that a normal person couldn't afford pure silver headed arrows or custom-made golden bracelets. She bought him the most expensive motorcycle she could find and would rent out entire movie theaters and malls for dates.

Mal was the only one who was spending most of her time looking for the prophecy. She was alone in this endeavor. If her mother was willing to enslave her friends over it, it had to be dangerous. Normally her mother was happy to kill them or put them into an eternal sleep. She never enslaved humans or mostly humans in Aaron's case. Not to mention the fact that Jay and Carlos shouldn't have any magic of their own. Evie wasn't too surprising, her mother had powers and had been born with them. Jay's father was granted powers, but had it stripped away long before Jay was born, reducing the once mighty genie into a meanly low-level thief. Carlos' mother was just a human, as far as Mal knew, so it made no sense how he got magic.

Eventually she just finally snapped during indoor skydiving of all things, "Do you all realize we could be destined to end the world and you all just sitting here doing nothing!? What if we put our friends in danger our new families, each other." She yelled while they were suiting up, "what if us waiting too long puts Cece or Rachel in danger. What if it's life or death and you're all more worried about making it to a large-scale glorified wind tunnel on time!"

Of course, they did finish their session because Aaron had already rented the place out for the day but as soon as they got back Mal had them looking for the prophecy. Some days it was all of them other days it was only her and one of the others. Ella was the most common one to help her. Ella had a natural instinct to help Jazzy, Aaron and Ryder she was the oldest and that made her a mix of paranoid and almost unreasonably worried for the other three, now six. Her and Jay were slowly becoming the parents of the group.

It was an Ella and Jay day, Mal had them searching through every book she could to find a prophecy. This included, the school library, and the castle libraries, Including Belle's massive library that she now had access to thanks to Ben. There were a lot of Prophecies; many that spoke of the past and many of the future but most of those were about one or two people, None about eight. "Mal we've been searching for hours." Jay said, rubbing his eyes with a yawn. "We understand we really do but if we don't get some sleep soon, we might just collapse," he groaned the same thing Jazzy did a night before. "This is the biggest library in the four kingdoms. We can't search all of it in a week. Ella is already done."

True to his words the blond was passed out in Ben's reading nook surrounded by books. Her hair ruffled; her head propped up against one of the shelves in an uncomfortable looking position and her leg thrown haphazardly over a pile of books.

Mal winced; it took a lot to make the sun princess fall and it looks as if Mal nearly pushed her to her breaking point. "Okay but we all need to be here in the morning. We're close Jay, I can feel it."

"And I believe you but remember they have jobs already, they run kingdoms, they can only go for so long before they collapse. We'll find it, it's just gonna take some time." He tapped her arm and made his way over to his sleeping girlfriend.

He shuffled her into his arms carrying her bridal style, "Towers restricted by queen order," she slurred in her sleep.

"I know nightlight I know," he told her even if she was asleep. He strapped her in her car and drove her back to the school.

~~~

Come morning true to her words Mal had all eight of them search Belle's library, the internet, spell Books, anywhere they might find it. Ryder was finally fed up he had seen this library enough times in the past week to last a lifetime. He could only handle reading so many books in a day, he couldn't focus anymore. He groaned as he saw one book that when he had picked halfway through it was completely blank, eyes flared up gold in annoyance and he threw it across the room. The book fell open on the floor in front of Evie, she got startled and her eyes lit up too, the pages of the book started glowing. "Guys!" She picked it up and rushed to a table, they all circled around her. The cover was brown with silver words now lightly up the book of legends.

All eight of their eyes glowed when they opened it to the first blank page and words started to materialize.

The first page was marked the Prophecy of change.

Four from here
Four from there
Four that will show that they care.
The old order will be uncurled.
They will band together to change the world.
But if they act so naive, they will underachieve.
The bad and the glad
The good and the Misunderstood
The good who had
The bad that withstood.

That shook them all to their very core, that was a lot of pressure.

The next page was labeled the first Prophecy.

Bad and good shall merge.
A radical change will surge.
Will it be for the best,
or will their friends be put to rest?
No fate is straight.
Especially for a certain eight.
Will four let evil reign and good be chained.
Or will the four be true and let good shine through.

"The book says the Prophecies reveal themselves as the story goes on," Aaron said.

"More than one?" Jazzy asked with a grimace flipping through what looked like story book pages complete with watercolor illustrations of what had happened in the last few months.

"Oh towers," Ella said, hand clutching Jay's in a death grip.

"What are our lives?" Carlos grinned a self-deprecating smile.

Mal sighed, "Apparently there will be a next time," she sighed letting Evie rub her back and Jazzy flip the book closed. 

To be continued in book two of the Golden Heart series Wicked Good.....

Published: Nov 02, 2019
Updated/ Edited: Feb 01, 2023