Chapter 1: I'm a zombie?

(awsome_zman's POV)
"Die, zombie! DIE!" I yelled as I dove into the horde of monsters. I killed monsters left and right. In seconds, I was standing in the middle of a bunch of monster remains. I ran over to my friends.
We were mining deep in a cave, looking for diamonds, iron, butter, emeralds, and obsidian. I was parkouring with my pick. Suddenly, my pick broke. I fell into a ravine with a scream.
I landed in lava and started to burn. I screamed and tried to pull myself into a pool of lava. I knew I wasn't gonna make it. I reached out for the water as I blacked out.
I woke up in a dark space. "Where am I?" I wondered. Was I in the Aether? Suddenly, lights came on and a dark figure appeared.
I gasped as the figure turned around. It was Herobrine. "Y-y-y-you." I stammered. I was terrified.
He grinned. "Yes. Me." He said. "W-w-w-w-what do you want?" "I want you to be my minion." He replied.
"What do you mean?" I asked, fearful. He pointed at me and lighting shot out at me. I struck me and I felt myself changing. Finally, it stopped.
I got up and examined myself. I had green, rotting flesh and my clothes were torn. "I-I'm a zombie." I gasped. All that came out was a groan.
I still had my armor on. I picked my sword up and ran to where I had fallen. I had some spare sticks and diamonds on me, so I crafted a diamond pick and climbed out of the ravine. I ran to catch up with the others.
I finally caught up with the others. They turned around and took out their weapons. "What are you doing?" I asked. Micah shot an arrow at me.
It missed and I took a few steps back. "Hey!" I yelled. Rand and Matt D charged at me with their swords raised. I took out my sword as they swung.
I blocked blow after blow, responding to every attack with the correct counterattack. However, they were advancing on me. I backed up and fell into the ravine-again. Luckily, this time I landed into the water.
I ran into a nearby cave while dodging arrows. I panted and sat down. "What's wrong?" I turned around to see a skeleton. "You look down in the dumps." It said.
"None of your business." I snapped. I couldn't believe my friends had turned on me. "Sorry, I've just been really upset lately." I said. "What's your name?" The skeleton hesitated before he said, "My name is Bones."
"Matthew." I said, happy to have a new friend. "Do you want to go to the main cave? We use it as a recreation place." Bones asked. "Sure!" I said.
Bones started walking down a hallway. I followed him. I was going to either find a way to change back, or get used to it. If I had to get used to it, at least I had a friend to help.