S I X T E E N

Sam sat huddled on the chair, his fingers laced together as he waits nervously. It's been hours since the incident and Colby is still fast asleep. But that concerned the blond since he should've waken up by now.

Corey placed a comforting hand on Sam's shoulder and patted it a little before standing up. Corey had stayed up all night with Sam, not wanting to leave him all alone. Either way, it wasn't safe to do so.

It was now a bit past sunrise and Corey has convinced himself that Sam'll be fine on his own. "Get some rest, Sam. It's not healthy for you." Corey sighed lightly, pointing out to the lack of sleep. Yet Sam couldn't sleep unless he was certain Colby was fine.

Sam could hear the faint sounds of footsteps as Corey walked off to get some sleep. Sam let out a shaky sigh and pulled his knees up to his chest. He laid his head on them and stared at nothing in particular.

As the utter silence went on, thoughts began to roam the blond's head. One being the death of Colby. He couldn't imagine losing the brunette. Sam has stopped denying his love for the brunette a long while ago. But had always feared what Colby felt in return.

A single tear rolled down the blond's face as everything crashed down on him instantly. He might just lose the one he loves most. He sniffled and lifted his head, wiping the single tear that had escaped.

"What's wrong sunshine?" A voice weakly spoke behind him, and he quickly looked back. "Oh my god.." Sam gasped out and shuffled towards Colby who was weakly leaning against the room door frame.

Sam quickly slid Colby's arm over his shoulders and helped him over to the couch. The blond laid him down and lifted the brunette's shirt to make sure the wound wasn't bleeding again. Colby chuckled at Sam's over protectiveness and shifted a little to get comfortable.

Another little tear rolled down Sam's cheek as he traced his finger down the sewed up wound. "Sam, I-I'm alright." Colby spoke softly, grabbing the blond's hand. He placed it against his chest where his heart be located and said "You see? I'm still up and alive." Colby joked, brightening the mood a little.

Sam chuckled lightly and sniffled. "B-But you could've died." The younger whispered, looking down as he was kneeled down next to the couch. Colby gently lifted the blond's chin up and wiped his tear away.

"Yet you saved me." Colby spoke, not needing Sam to soon blame himself. Sam nodded lightly and wiped his face, hiding his little blush with his sleeves. "C'mere." Colby said again, scooching to the side a little and giving Sam space to lay down.

Sam shook his head and began standing up. Before he could leave, Colby grabbed his wrist, faking a groan of pain. Sam quickly shuffled back over, rechecking the wound. He was just worried it would reopen and cause more damage.

Colby chuckled at that and kept his grip on Sam's wrist. "D-Don't do t-that." Sam sniffled and looked down. He soon noticed that he still had Colby's shirt up, and blushed while apologizing.

Colby let it pass and patted the spot next to him. Knowing Colby won't take no for an answer, Sam carefully laid down next to him, feeling Colby's strong arms wrap around him. They sat in a soft, comforting silence until the brunette broke it again.

"Why do you care so much about me?" He whispered, looking down at the boy in his arms. Sam felt his heart drop a little. He knew Colby had heard what he said previously and is now forced to say it again.

"B-Because I care about you and.." He looked up at the older. "And what?" Colby whispered, staring into Sam's bright glossed blue eyes. "a-and because I love you." He spoke, just above a whisper as he looked down a little.

On the other hand, Colby was a little shocked. Shocked because he thought no one out there would ever love him. After all he'd done, he thought it was impossible. But he himself had found love. And that's Sam.

No matter how many times he denies it, his heart always says yes. Colby gently grabbed Sam's jaw, lifting it lightly and staring lovingly into the boy's caring eyes. He slowly leaned in, glancing down at his lips then back up into his eyes.

"I love you too, Sam." He whispered, joining their lips sending a spark neither of them had felt before. Their lips moved gently against each other as they shared a loving kiss that might lead to a bright or horrible future. Yet in this exact moment, they were both loving it.

Instinctively, Sam reached his hand up to Colby cheek, deepening the kiss a little more than intended. It was soft and gentle. Not rough nor needy. But sweet and loving..

835 words