Chapter 1- Introduction

4th June, 2019 9:46am
Dear diary,
Hi, my name is Emma. I'm 16 years old and I like singing, dancing and camping. I've been dancing in London since I was two years old. When I lived to Brighton 3 years ago where I found it really hard to fit in. I didn't know anybody there and it doesn't help becuase I'm a very quiet and shy person meaning I really struggle to make new friends. I tend to need a lot of help when it comes to that and when I do make friends, it's through my passion of singing and camping Because I like to join clubs like scouts which I have just joined in Brighton. Through scouts, I met my new best friend, Brontë. As soon as I joined scouts me and bronte instantly clicked and we have been best friends since that day we spend every moment we can together. Except that's not that often anymore Because my mum does not like Brontë because she said she's too loud and crazy. She said she's not a good influence on me which I think is so ridiculous. Brontë is my best friend and just because my mum doesn't like her. Why does that mean I can't see her? So now if I see her it has to be at scouts, school or I have to sneak out to see her.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I live with my mum. My parents split up when I was 3 years old. I still don't actually know what happened. I was too young to understand. Growing up was quite hard for me. I grew up with only having support from honey (when I met her), my mum and my older brother Elliot. However I don't really see Elliot that much now becuase Elliot's always either at work or out with his friends. I really love Elliot. He's been here for me to talk to all my life but after moving to Brighton and him finding his new job, it's like he never has time for me anymore. Oh and another thing I forgot to mention about. I got diagnosed with depression when I was 12 and since then I've especially felt like I needed even more support than anything but I have survived it so I guess I'll be ok.

Anyway. Enough about me.
Brontë is in my class at school. She's got two older sisters (Chloe and Lucy) who absolutely love me! They say that I'm already like a sister to them which I love. I've always wanted a sister! Especially an older sister! Brontë's mum and dad are still together too which I'm actually super jealous us about. What's it like to have both parents? I'd love to know. Which is why I like going to Brontë's house because her parents are like second parents to me. I sometimes try to imagine what it's like to have two parents. For at least one day! But it is never going to happen, so I just like to imagine. My dad refused to look after me when I turned 4 years old. I was about to start school and my mum started to talk to other men which my dad hated so he said that he no longer wanted to take responsibility for me and he might let me go see him one day when I'm 18 so Mabye one day. I'll be able to finally answer all my questions. Questions like: do I look like him? Do I like anything he likes? Why did he leave my mum? Why didn't he want to look after me when they split up? And other questions like that. The thing is, my mum looks nothing like me nor does she like anything I do either. So Maybe I take after my dad with my looks and hobbies. I don't know, but maybe one day, I'll find out.. I don't know?..
anyway. Let's talk about something a bit more important and interesting. Speak to you soon.
-Emma x