A Fated Battle Between a Man and a Woman

Explosion!?

As my eyes glare at the screen above me, the words next to his name scream almost as if they were warning me to run. Let's face it, with what's to come, who wouldn't have? Apparently me. Of all quirks why explosion!? Did Almight know my weakness? Is this school trying to kill me!? I did put this on myself though, I'm the one who said that I'd be willing to do this... crap. As my thoughts go on, my mind rages and my eyes glare into the never-ending bright light. Though I'm suddenly hit with a series of nervous jitters, I turned around only to see the force was him. Katsuki Bakugou, grin and all.

His eyes as red as fire, his hair spiky and untamed, and his hero costume looked as if he could have been a villain. Wait.. is he one!? Might as well be. Sparks fly out of his hands like firecrackers glimmering through the night. His gauntlets where grenades. Literally. And with the grin slathered on his face, and his glaring complexion, the title of villain would work perfectly for him. How the hell am I supposed to beat him!?

"Now settle down young ones! It is time to begin your training!" Almight cheering shouts. "Now who's first!?"

I sit back in my place and watch as the matches go on one by one. I try to take notice of everyone's quirks while I can. Angel Wings and Force of Elements, to Elbow Chains, and Elbow Tape. So many unique quirks, so many different people. And they actually like each other. Normally in the U.S, everyone's at each other's throats. Which isn't lovely at all. Though it was soon my turn to enter the chaos that was explosions and screaming. The loud buzzer normally signifies when each turn is over. Then at the beginning of each round, it calls out each person's names, quirks, and a countdown for when to start "sparring" as well as a countdown for when the match is ending and whoever won the match. For me, however, the guy I'm supposed to spar with doesn't seem like he wants to spar, more like kill! Oh, dear Gi, you can not die today! The buzzer goes off and my stance is taken. Face to face... with my all-time fear. Though it seems to me that he's not that vigilante with long-distance attacks, which means he'll try to do anything short-ranged. Luckily I can do both. So while he is busy charging at me, I can hit him with a direct attack... right to his face! I take a lookup to the beaming bright lights and I hear the countdown start to echo in my head...

5...

4...

3...

2..

1..

GO!

My stance as firm as my grip, my teeth clenched and just as I had expected, he tried to go in for a short distanced explosion, and did I just hear the words "die" scream from his mouth? He was more violent than I thought. So I hastily used my quirk to shoot an energy blast his way. I watched for a few moments as he was sent flying back, though I knew that beating him wasn't going to be easy for me. He ran towards me again but only he wasn't going for a direct attack. Ready to make my move I'm in shock as he doesn't hit me. His palm lights up as he shoots himself into the air, sparks and all. And to my surprise my back was met with a firm explosion, I was quick enough to use an energy field to block a bit, but I was still hit. My knees ended up meeting the rock ground. Though I was tougher than he could have expected. I got up while he was charging toward me. This is where I remembered that I used to take gymnastics while I lived in the U.S, and thank god I remember how to. So, doing what any gymnast would do, I did a round-off and ended up kicking him... well, to be precise I ended up kicking his face. Bakugou then hesitated for a moment, we were flourished that I didn't use my quirk. "Heres my chance" I mumbled. Shakily, I generate another energy field using my left arm and I run towards Bakugou while he's still hesitant. "Damn it!" I yell out in surprise. Turns out he was hesitating as a decoy, he then proceeds to use all his might to punch and kick at the energy field with all his will power, trying to wear me out before the timer stops. I grunt in pain. Shit, shit, shit!... I have ten seconds, I need to stand here for ten seconds....