Chapter Eight: Treasured Posession

O, beware, my lord, of jealousy;
It is the green-ey'd monster, which doth mock
The meat it feeds on.

-William Shakespeare, Othello

• • • • •
Chapter Eight: Treasured Possession

Luciano sat in his office, it's the day of Nadia's sisters arrival. He can't help but felt a little bit nervous. Paano na lang kung sabihin ni Nadia na aalis ito at sasama sa mga kapatid nito? No way! He won't let that happen. No one can take Nadia away from him. Not even her sisters and family!

His wolf stirred nang maamoy ang pamilyar na mabangong strawberry mint, it was refreshing at the same time made him wild. He can't help but smile.

A soft knock sounded at his door and he knew already who is it, "Come in, My little Mate."
Bumukas ang pinto and his mate walked in, He can't help but examined his mate. Worry written all over her beautiful face. She looked more than nervous. And she looked terrified.

"Luciano?" She asked softly. "Kinakabahan ako."

Wala siyang sinayang na oras at tumayo, Luciano reached across the desk and went in front of Nadia. Kinuha niya ang kamay nito at kinulong sa malaking kamay niya. He squeezed it reassuringly. "Don't worry everything will be fine. I'm here they can't harm you,"

She shook her head. "Tengahh.. Di nila ako sasaktan noh! Ikaw ang inalala ko Luciano. Kung ano ang gagawin nila sayo. You don't know my sisters Luciano!"

He squeezed her hand again. "And they don't know what I'm capable of, Nadia." As he said as he
kiss her forehead lovingly.

She curled both her hands around his, nagniningning ang mga mata ni Nadia habang nakatingin sa kanya, "Luciano ehhh! Di mo naiintindihan. Kahit anong gawin mo pagtago sakin sa kasuluksulukan ng singit mo ehh.. My sisters will search for me and- " She smiled faintly and stared on the floor.

"My sisters will come for me," she whispered. "You have to let me go, Luciano."

"I know," his lips twisted bitterly, his hand lifting; wiping her tears from her beautiful caramel brown eyes. "But to take you, Nadia, they'll have to kill me."

His arms were tight around her. His head was buried in her neck, his own breathing heaving from his chest as he fought for air. His body was tense and hard, dominating. "Mine," he whispered into her neck.
He mentally note hisself to mark Nadia as soon as the end of the meeting with her sisters.

His intercom buzzed and he jerked his head in irritation. "Alpha, the De Vega's are here to see you," Devon, his beta informed.

"Send them in," he said grimly. He rubbed his thumb over the tops of her knuckles in a soothing motion. Ni rerelax niya ang sarili.

Nadia cocked her head to the side, "Kinakabahan ka rin ehh!" Siningkitan pa siya nito ng mata. He chuckled as he reached to take her arm, tucking it over his as he guided toward the swivel chair.

Umupo siya sa swivel chair at hinila ang dalaga. He felt Nadia stiffened ng maka upo ito sa lap niya. She shifted, uncomfortable with the seating arrangement.

She frowned. "Luciano!" Her cheeks grew pink while her hand twitched beneath his. Halatang hindi komportable ang kanyang mate. He looked at her innocently.

"Dadating na ang mga kapatid ko at naglalampungan pa rin tayo!"

Napatawa siya. "So what!"