Chapter 3: Well Shit...

Hello my lovely flowers & welcome to chapter 3.
Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!!
We're getting to the fun part!
Non-italics = English
Italics = Na'vi
Hope you enjoy ^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reader's P.O.V

The next morning was as normal as it got. While the others were in the mess hall for breakfast, I decided to take a trip down memory lane. I was in the armory checking out all the weaponry this place had. M60 Machine Guns, Assault Rifles, GAU-90s, AMP Suit Knifes, Standard Issue Rifles, MBS-9M .50 Caliber Hydras. They hired guns more than people...

I continued my "stroll" until I came across an old friend of mine. A sniper rifle.

I held the gun in my hands and as shameful as it made me feel, it was a beauty. I swore to my self that I'd never touch one of these things again but.. what's wrong with a little target practice? There were different shooting ranges for the rookies to use depending on the type of gun they were using. I set myself up at one for long range and immediately caught the attention of some male soldiers using the different ranges or lanes next to mine. I load the sniper, ignoring their amused smirks and eyes traveling my body.

"Hey. Don't hurt yourself, sweetheart." A soldier had the balls to say.

He's lucky I'm in a good mood today, otherwise I would of shot said balls off. Not sparing any of them a glance, I looked through the scope and honed in on my targets. Loud, singular shots rang through the room as each bullet hit it's target in all the vital areas of the human body. My shots were powerful and quick and I had a new magazine in before the empty ones hit the ground.

I shot until all cartridges were used. The barrel of the sniper was smoking as I gazed at the dismantled targets. I hate to say it... But that felt good.

I gently set the gun down and looked at the soldiers who's jaws were slack and staring at me wide eyed. I smirked at their faces before the sound of an impressed whistle was heard and the soldiers straightening themselves up in a saluting position. I turned around to see none other than Colonel Quaritch walking up to me. He dismissed the soldiers and soon it was just me and him.

"That was some mighty fine shooting. Better than most of my top trained snipers." Quaritch praised.

"Do you need something, sir?" I asked not really wanting to talk to this asshole. I got enough of him through the e-mails Grace sent me when I was helping her write her book. To call this guy narcissistic was too nice of a word.

"Getting right down to business? I like that. I'd expect nothing less from the Beast Slayer." He said making me freeze.

I thought I'd never have to hear that name again, especially from someone else's mouth. No one was supposed to know who I really was, much less know what the Beast Slayer looks like.

"How do you know about that?" I asked seriously.

"Amazing what a little deep web filing will do for you. Which is why you and your brother are perfect for this job." Quaritch said slowly walking around me, circling.

"Excuse me?" I turned towards him with a raised eyebrow. What did he want with Jake?

"The both of you, especially you, have potential. You two are what we need to learn those savages from the inside. I want the two of you to gain their trust. I need to know how to force their cooperation or hammer them hard if they don't."

I stared at the colonel in disbelief. To say I was pissed was an understatement.

"So, you want Jake and I to waltz in on the natives territory, earn their trust and then report back to you to figure a way to get them to do what you want? And if they refuse you'll kill them? Millions of innocent lives and everything they've known will be gone!!" I yelled glaring daggers at this fool.