Flashbacks

Cherri stood, tears flowing from her eyes. Renia stood, just a few metres away. Just behind her, was Ashi. Renia weakened, a soft, sympathetic look in her purple and grey eyes. Cherri began to weaken, to only the tears that flowed down her face like a river. The small feline, Rozsa, stood behind the much stronger, brown tabby. Ashi's flames flickered brightly, clashing with the dark sky and mist that surrounded them. Cherri tried to struggle out of the ropes that trapped her, but to no success. She cried out in pain and frustration.
'It'll be alright,' muttered Renia, soft and quiet, but loud enough to hear. Just a few moments later, a piercing screech echoed and only blood covered Cherri's eyes.

Cherri woke in a panic. She gave herself a few moments to breathe. That was the tenth time this moon that she had that nightmare. The tall feline only just stopped herself from crying out in pain. She couldn't risk being found, not now, anyways. She stretched out, and felt the hard stone ground scrape against her soft pawpads. It had been a moon since she lost her beloved mate Renia to the feared leader of the land Ashi. She had to stop herself from crying again.

She stood up as much as she could, and walked over to a small pool. The sandy coloured feline bent down to grab a quick drink before running off again. She had to keep moving : she couldn't risk staying in only one place. Cherri grabbed her small, brown bag and tied it on to her right back leg. She walked out of the cave, only to be met with an extremely bright burst of sunlight. She winced, and squinted her eyes. There was no one around. She stretched out her wing, and flapped it around a few times. Out of the corner of one eye, she saw a small grey figure running in a rush towards her. Cherri froze, and then darted back into the mouth of the cave.

The grey figure swiftly dashed into the cave, away from whatever it was running from. Cherri saw it, and backed away.

"Hey, I'm Cindershadow, you are?," said the grey figure in a strong British accent.

"Cherri," Cherri replied.

"Please, don't be scared of me. I'm not one of Ashi's servants, I promise," said the scarred feline. Cherri trusted her.

"I'm glad to hear," Cherri replied, a pleased and relieved tone in her voice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh look a story I'm actually interested in writing hh. The chapters may vary in length a little just so you know hh. Hopefully I can actually finish this one lmao. Anyways hope you liked it!