High school dxd 1.5, Rules

Now you maybe wondering, why did Demetrius run?  He had the power to destroy the world multiple times over with a flick of a finger, so why run when you could just kill them all and take their abilitys?

The reason being he had to follow rules. Rules that beings like him who could travle the Omni-verse had to follow. Rules that where planted into his brain by his future self.

One such rule is: Travelers from outside a spectrum of reality ( or better known as a multi-verse) cannot and will not kill a child of fate (Aka a main character) directly under any circumstance, except for a special few. However this does not extend to killing indirectly. An example would be killing them through minions. But said minion  cannot be stronger than the strongest being in that spectrum of reality.

There is a lot more explaining than that but you get the gist.

If you don't then in simple terms it means that Demetrius cannot just massacre main characters and take their ability.

That's why Demetrius had to retreat. He didn't want to risk killing someone important and have to face "them".

The them are beings known as the beyonders.

No not the beyonders from Marvel comics, their much much more than that.

You ever heard the term plot armor? Yeah they made that shit. They are beings that make people like the perverted Issie somehow become a powerful figure.

Even the thought of facing them made Demetrius's skin crawl.

He had seen what they are capable of through his future self's memorys, and let's just say they are the definition of mind fuck.

......................
Memory pov

An older Demetrius sat smugly on the rubble of what used to be the hall of justice while staring at the beaten and bloodied form of the Justice league's core members, Batman, Green lantern, the Flash, Wonder woman, and Superman.

All  of the original Five had been defeated by his hands.

Honestly it was a simple matter.

Batman is just a man in a suit, nothing more nothing less, the only special thing about him was his uncanny ability to defeat anyone given enough prep time. Which Demetrius didn't allow of course. All it took was a portal devouring the parts of his nervous system that allowed for movement to take him out of the fight.

The others where not so simple.

While his portal ability had no real limit to what it could potentially do, it did have a limit on how it could effect certain people.

It was like there was some unseen force that stopped him from being able to insta kill anyone one he fights.

Like with Green lantern, he couldn't just make a portal  to cut off the finger that wore his lantern ring. Frustrating but he could deal.

Moving on Demetrius took out the lantern by throwing a bigass yellow beam of focused light directly at his stomach.

Poor fool thought he could block it with a green energy shield, only for it to punch right through it like a hot knife does butter.

(An: For those who don't know the original Lantern's weakness was yellow things)

Currently the lantern could barely move a finger, but Demetrius wouldn't take any chances and promptly took the ring via portal, which he could do now for some reason.

For the flash Demetrius had a theory he wanted to test. What would happen when you cause the flash, who was basically speed incarnate, to interact with a universe that absorbed all forms of movement in which it comes in contact with?