▸ Ch. 4: Bust A Move ◂

Trigger Warnings: sexual assault implications. This very first scene with Beverly involves her and her father, and her fear of him doing something to her. If you'd like to skip I have marked the end of the encounter with this: [●●●] When you see this marker, that means it is over and you can read the rest of the chapter in peace. This chapter will begin with this scene so if you are skipping, proceed to scroll until you see the marker.

A//n: you certainly will not hurt my feelings if you skip the scene. This was a very difficult mindset to get into myself and I struggled a lot emotionally with writing it. But I promise, the rest of the chapter is heartwarming and fun and overall is the foundation of friendships and significant to Y/n's arc, her induction into the Losers Club [including her link to Henry and what "makes her a loser" and the budding relationship between her and Eddie.

Word Count: So big I had to add a word count, 7849. Oof, take some breaks peeps.

· · ─── ·𖥸· ─── · ·

𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐧'
𝐒𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐯𝐞
𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨, 𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞

- Young MC, Bust A Move

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

     With a terrible sinking feeling and a churning stomach, Beverly walked through her front door. She tightened her grip on the plastic bag she held behind her back, praying her father wasn't around to see what she had bought. As she crept through her apartment, scanning for any signs of life, she absentmindedly heard the words of the children's program echoing throughout the residence.

     "Toilet and bath water travel down the drains and into the sewer." The front closed, not as quietly as Bev had hoped. "The sewer is a fun place to play with all of your friends. Just follow the water into the drains and down into the sewers you go."

      The words of the cheerful program hostess echoed off the walls and went unnoticed by Bev. "When you're with your friends in the sewers, you can be as silly as a clown!"

     She poked her head cautiously into the living room, it was empty.

    "That's right, it's the word of the day."

     Bev walked quickly and briskly down the hall, nearing the safety of the bathroom when the large looming figure of her father appeared. Beverly met his eye, fear settling in her chest as she gulped.

     "Hi, Daddy." Her voice came out in a choked whisper, a side only her father could bring out in her.

     "Hey, Bevvie." His eyes flickered down at her grocery bag and back up at her. "Whatcha got there?"

     Her eyes fluttered down to the concealed box of tampons in the bag, knowing, no, dreading this day. This is what she had feared would happen. Why, she cursed herself. Why the fuck hadn't she just done this in the safety of Y/n's apartment?

     "Just some things,"

     "Like what?" He took the bag from her hands and rifled through.