chapter 15 - a horse with no name

Her muscles releasing all the tension. She fell onto her back, her lungs finally bringing in the swift air once again. Blinding light was all she saw. Pinching her hand against her throat, the insect that was recently there had left a hole inside. She could feel it burrowing inside her flesh. With anger and desperation, she had stuck her thumb and middle finger together, entering inside - within force, agonising pain was all she felt as she grasped the little vermin. Throwing it against the hot sand. Placing her right hand against her neck, she proceeded to produce a warming alleviate.

Whatever burrowed inside would not affect her as most poisons were immune to her. Assuming that it was disease related. Naiya was not prone to all sorts of bacteria or plagues.

Her breathing suddenly dimmed as the sun she stared at was blocked like an eclipse. From sudden glare, it was a figure towering over her. "Well, well, caught ya high and dry, I reckon." It was Erron Black of course.

Naiya sighed and began to stand her two legs. Her breathing still staggering. "- What are you doing here?" Questioning him.

"Kotal sent me - said he don't want ya goin' after the Black Dragon no more'." Naiya's face shrinked. "What? - I - I thought he would allow me.."

"He don't want no war with them. Emperor's got enough cattle to deal with. Let em' be." He swiftly replied. He looked around and back at her slightly confused. "What'chu been up to? Not much travelin' if you prefer restin under the sun."

"I was attacked. By that traitor that Kotal once was in league with -  D'vorah!" Naiya quicky said. "I had been taken in - into her h-her - Hive!"  Naiya turned around quickly and only saw an empty spot of hot sand. Her face in a vexed bewilderment. Naiya's body language turning in every point, constantly moving like a mad woman. Erron tilted his head.

"You sure?" He replied. Naiya huffed. "I'm sure." Naiya glanced at the bug she had left on the heating grounds. "Here, this is 'her' insect that had burrowed deep inside my neck." As she pointed at it, Erron squinted his insect. "Looks like a typical bug to me." He raised his eyebrows in disbelief and stood up, calling for his horse. Naiya jolted in annoyance. One thing she hated was not being taken seriously.

"Why are you not believing me?"Her eyes almost turning to a dispirited expression.

"I had to ride over the desert sands just to find ya, - Kotal expects me to babysit ya. Meanwhile, I ain't being paid for it!"His mood now turning into exasperation. Naiya frowned. "-Look, I'm sorry. What I saw was true, D'vorah was here." His face turning into a more tranquil irritation, he glared her once again and turned back at his horse.

"I ain't lookin' for an apology. You say what you wanna say to Kotal." He looked around and back at her dimly. "Where's your' ride?"

"...I assumed that - it ran away..." Erron sighed softly. "You can ride with me." He extended out a hand for her and she willingly grabbed his. Onto the back of the horse, he climbed on. Naiya: trying to avoid touching him, as they began moving, she felt unbalanced slowly felt on the edge.

"Hold on to me." He assured. Naiya nodded and slowly moved her hands near his waist, making sure she wasn't too comfortable while gripping onto him.

And soon they began riding off into the hot heat surrounding them. There were plants and birds, and rocks and things. Sands and hills. A sky with no clouds, the desert becoming dry as hell.

------------------------------------------

It was not entirely dark as much, but she did feel a upcoming sunrise heading it's way. Arriving upon the grounds of the Kahn's area. Erron climbed off the horse and led out a hand for Naiya to grab onto. She grabbed his hand and she proceeded to get off, but from such a unbalancing step, she slightly fell into Erron who ignored her collapse.

He went on his way, leaving Naiya on her own. She sighed and proceeded to find Kotal.

——
When she had arrived upon the location she was given about Kotal's whereabouts.

"Kotal Kahn. Emperor." She slightly bowed her head at him.

He turned away and too her surprise he had met her, her being here now present.

"You have returned." He addressed.

"Yes, well. Had to after you unleashed Erron after me." Naiya dimly said, now her eyes were becoming tiring.

"It was necessary. I wish no quarrel with the Black Dragon. Outworld does not need any more violence."

"Although, The Black Dragon are simple, crude humans. I'm sure we can defeat them in no time." She smiled vividly. Kotal Kahn raised his brows at her and walked forward.

"What dispute do you hold for the Black Dragon?" Naiya shook her head in almost a defeated expression. "- All they ever did to me and most of my familiars were but vicious perversions. They kept me and my kind imprisoned and played for like - toys!" Her eyes tearing up with rage.

"We were tortured because they felt like it. Taken advantage of." Kotal Kahn remained still and silent.

"I understand what you have gone through. But I will not risk Outworld to any more of our enemies." His voice turning from soft to stern. Naiya sighed from the feeling of hopelessness. She dropped her head in gloom and felt h Kotal's hand touch her chin. Raising her head, so they she may properly face him, his aqua eyes glaring into her pure soul. Almost easing her misery and sorrow.

"Keep your soul amongst the brightest parts of the world. You still possess the values of rectitude." He had said to her swiftly.

Feeling such a rush of amity and reassurance to which Naiya hadn't felt in such a long time. He softly let go of her chin and was excused. Her body froze and her chest sunk with the feeling mesmerizing flowers blooming upon her heart. She finally drifted off from such feeling and left as quick as possible.

She walked into a unknown path, concerning herself with what her previous encounter with Kotal had been. But suddenly she had forgetting about what she should have conversed to him about.

D'Vorah. But she dismissed that thought as she did not appear exactly as a threat to Outworld currently. But where she would reside would be important.

Shrugging off that idea, Naiya decided to tell him about D'vorah another time.