chapter 17 - hey cowgirl

She wandered off to the markets and proceeded to walk through the shopping areas. It had seemed to grow as the entertainment of outworld had finished or had been violently ended.

Crossing her arms as she felt strangely uncomfortable. She glanced over to the pub that she visited long time ago.

Deciding to go there, she wished for something more tranquil after such a dark event. Not much inside as she headed over the bar and sat down. The bartender coming over to her side.

"What you want?"

Naiya's mind trailed off. "- Cider?"

He nodded and began preparing. Naiya leaned her arm against the wooden table, the face of boredom and gloom had overthrown her. She needed to rest once more.

After minutes had passed, the drink she ordered had appeared. Medium cup of sweet liquid, the colour of gold. She gleamed at the sight of it and began to sip. She coughed as it seemed sweeten with apples but had bit of bitterness to it.

The sound of footsteps came and to her surprise came Erron. She groaned silently and attempted to hide her face. But, no one in Outworld looked like her. Her long platinum locks.

"Brandy." She heard the voice say, requesting for the drink he wanted. In an instant she felt his presence sit closely by her. She grunted in vexation inside her mind. Why is he here? And why can't he sit somewhere else?

Naiya's hair continued to drape over her face. She felt his stare. "One hell of a battle." He said. Releasing a swift response.

"I know it's you, Naiya." He called out. Naiya turned her head and softly pushed her long hair from face, glancing at him. "Ain't nobody got them platinum locks like you do." She squinted her eyes from his words, huffing softly, sipping from her soft drink. He had sensed her slight bitterness. From just what happened, she felt her soul sucked from her harbour once more. Even the feeling of restlessness had dissolved inside her like sugar in tea.

Resting her head with her left arm and the other gripping on the cup, swiftly moving the liquid inside. All of a sudden the drink in her hand was taken from Erron, sniffing it - as he placed it on the table. "Let's get you a real drink." He smirked dimly and asked the bartender to make another drink of 'his'?

Naiya's face now in annoyance. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Blue, cuz you ain't inside that Dragon's throat?" He joked. His eyes resting on her saddening and empty vision. She glared at him faintly. Almost a darkening expression inside her.

"- I did not know Outworld kept such frightened creatures..." She said subtly. He scoffed. "Well, they ain't worth spit. You shouldn't care for em'. Especially when they tried to eat ya'" Naiya sighed heavily from his comment and soon the drink Erron had requested was here.

"Drink, it'll loosen you up a bit." He places the drink close to her. Her eyes eased and she slowly grabbed the cup from his hand and consumed the drink. Her throat feeling the rush of flaming bitterness, her tongue aching from the taste. "What- is that?" She questioned in disgust.

Erron laughed. "Brandy. Good for the blue- minded." He called out for more drinks. Naiya slowly descending to easiness.

"I know why you're trying to do." Naiya said.

"What' cha mean?" He snickered from her comment. Ignoring his mocking attitude she proceeded to drink another as she needed to feel risen up a bit.

"So, Earthrealmer. Where do you come from exactly?" She had hoped to start a proper conversation between them.

"Me?" He scoffed. "Born and bred from Wickett, Texas." Tipping his hat to which he finally took off, revealing his brown hair.

She nodded, more interested in learning from him. "Is that a whole continent?"

"Well, it's a state, Texas is, but Wickett is just a smaller part of it."

She nodded once more. "About you? Where do you come from?" He asked.

"-I... A hidden area alongside- Edenia. I can't remember no more..." Now her mood had became gloomy once again. Erron noticed almost immediately and began to order more drinks, pursuing her to risen her mind. -"I'm quite ancient, -  and those past years are quite long gone..." Naiya said softly. Erron looked at her a bit absorbed in another thought. 

He gazed at his drink. "You' know... I'm a lot older than I look.." He commented. Naiya's eyes hooked onto him in a more attentive mood. 

"...What do you mean?" She questioned delicately. Tilting her head like a curious kitten. He sighed, took one more sip from the golden alcoholic drink.

"I've lived around 150 years. Not as old as you are, I reckon..."

Naiya raised a brow. Pushing her head closer to him. "I assume you are only fooling around." Naiya silently chuckled. Smiling dimly. "You are only an Earthrealmer. Earthrrealmers cannot live that long."

"Naw- you'd be surprised what hell I've gone through." He replied.

Naiya soaked in his words, slightly amazed. "Well, we are quite the same I suppose. We don't age." She giggled gently. She stopped and slammed her hand against the wooden bar. "What kind of magic makes you live through such long years - for an Earthrrealmer?" She pouted her lips.

He gazed her, noticing that she seemed to be more loosen up. "-Oh, just the magic of an ancient sorcerer." He replied swiftly. 

"Does that magic come with immortality?" Naiya asked. He sighed quite in a defeated tone, supposedly disappointed from her topic. "Naw...slow aging process is' all. Though, I reckon I ask for that too.." He smiled contently at her. She chuckled then smiled from his reply. They both exchanged questions and other conversations. A seemingly gratified day to which they held inside. 

——

Later on, they seemed to been having a joyous time. Considering that Erron had lifted her spirits with alcohol. Naiya being slightly naive and innocent to the world of alcohol and adulteration.

She never felt so light-headed in all her life, pockets of heat clouding inside her cheeks and chest. Her mind shattering the boundaries of what is right or what was wrong.

"—Yo-your taking an advantage of- me." Her words staggering. She knew what he was doing even when taken by alcohol. She stood up from the bar stool and attempted to exit. Erron swiftly came to her side as she became more and more unbalanced.

"Woah - woah, steady now.." He hovered his hands around her body. But, Naiya's hands pushed him away softly. Her eyes becoming more stern. "No!" She yelled out of the blue. Suddenly her mind flushed out the grogginess and proceeded to take the matter in her own hands.

"- Stop! I-I.." Naiya rushed out of the pub and began drifting into the dimming atmosphere that soon turned into a blood orange tone around her. Such utter bitterness had spoiled the purity between them, a nice little relationship to which Naiya shredded away. Even with their pleasant talks and share - Naiya obtusely drifted away.

His mind soon became grey and the spark in between soon diminished into nothing.